Monday, February 23, 2009

Prometrium

20 day supply of Prometrium with previous insurance $13.00

20 day supply of Prometrium with new insurance $121.00

What I thought 20 day supply of Prometrium would costs $30.00

Look on pharmacist face when she told me $121.00 and I started crying....PRICELESS

I'm ok with it really I am...I actually didn't get it. I know I know there's no cost for a healthy baby and if on the 7th we do find out I am I will order it off IVPCARE for $97.00 since you take it through the first trimester. I am still faithful and know that God has it in HIS hands, but sometimes I wonder does the life of an IF'er ever become easy?

11 comments:

1luckychick said...

I am sorry that it cost so much. It truly amazes me when I look at the cost of all of this. It is for the health of your baby and I am glad you decided to get the prescription instead of walking away. I hope you are blessed with a positive pregnancy test this month! I just started my prometrium today too...yuck!

Shanny said...

Oh man! I paid $225 for 90 days supplies of prog. supps that I no longer need and cannot return. Old insurance would have been much cheaper... ah well.

I'm keeping you in my prayers hon, God's hands is the place to be =)

Amanda said...

I totally know how you feel! It all adds up so quickly! This may be a little less expensive ($32-$43 for 15 days). http://www.ivfmeds.com/fertilitydrugs/#9 GL!!

Jennifer Fink said...

Oh, Heather! This just sucks.

Big Hug!

Jen

Melissa Griffin said...

Heather - did the doctor tell you that you had to take it 2 day after the IUI? Usually they do? Just curious?

Kitty said...

Sorry about your med cost. I have rite aids here and they let me buy my trigger shot with a 25% discount bc my insurance wouldn't cover it (unless ordered over the phone over night and I didn't know) and they gave me a customer card to take off 25% since insurance didn't cover. So next time just ask around. There may be a local drug store that does something like that. Hope you won't have to buy it again.
Best.

Anonymous said...

I totally get you on if it ever gets easier for us IFers...and after 6 years I don't feel it ever letting up. I think patience is the only thing that's ever worth anything, but obtaining that is the hardest part!!

Anonymous said...

I just want to say, thank you so much for sharing such an intimate thing with us. You are truly and blessing and an encouragment for all. Your faith in God is admirable and edifying. God has beautiful plans for you, Greg, and your beautiful future family. I will continue to pray for all the details of this painstaking, but worthwhile, process. Much Love!

Megan said...

aarrgghh...My copays went up with the new year so I am somewhat in the same boat.

You have an award to pick up at my blog.

Ashley said...

OMG- thats high!! Its so worth it though. It really works!! Im praying hard for you!! I know, I want to p.o.a.s. too, but Im trying to hold off:)!! Oh I hope we both get our positives!! --How many mature follicles did you have?

Ashley said...

Yay for you!! My left ovary (the one without the tube) had 4 mature, very mature follies, but thats the bad side :(!! My right had 1 at 1.6 and 2 at 1.4, but that was 2 days before I ovulated,so maybe they caught up!! My clinic wants them to be 1.8, so hearing that your clinic likes them a 1.7 gives me hope!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin