I hope everyone survived the day yesterday. Rather as a mother of many, a mother of one, a mother of angel babies, or a mother in waiting, the day was full of so many emotions up and down good and bad but I hope you found the peace of God with you no matter what!
Our day was decent. A whirlwind but nice none the less.
I woke up super excited to open my Angel Gift Exchange Package! Inside was the Angel of Miracles ( which I am so needing) from Nicole who so beautifully made an amazing card to go with it! I seriously woke up with excitement like it was Christmas! I couldn't wait to open it on Mother's Day and I am so glad I resisted temptation to open it up early. Thank you Nicole for brightening my day! Check out the other angels that were received here.

My Angel of Miracle with the beautiful card Nicole made!
Went to church and as we opened the door to leave there was a copy of the Sunday paper and a card from my dad. It was so sweet and he knew exactly what to say and I am so thankful he thought of me on Mother's Day!
Card from my daddy!After church we decided to go to the Getty Museum in Los Angeles. It was soooo beautiful. We made great time up there and paid only $10 to park and then a tram takes you to the museum. Everything was made of travertine and so beautiful from the second you got off the tram. My favorite part was the gardens for sure! I could have spent the whole day there and would have had I not been starving!

Some pictures from the Getty
There were tons of families there as expected and that definitely brought out many emotions. As we laid on the grass under a beautiful tree with the sun peaking down on us I loved watching the children run around with moms and dads chasing them. So many kids in there cute little sunhats , rolling down the hill, enjoying their new found freedom. I watched as dads gave moms Mother's Day gifts and I cried with the moms as I saw the joy on their face. I genuinely felt happy for them. That is until 3 families came and sat around us. Totally fine right? Well yeah until they all started talking " How old is she?" " How do you do it with twins?" " What's his name?" All these parents had a common ground, a common joy, they were all part of a club I wasn't in...The parenthood club. Honestly as cute as it all was, I was sad I couldn't join in the conversation and tell them about our little one, because we don't have a little one. It was hard to say the least but I was starving anyways and we didn't know how the traffic would be driving back so we decided to head out.
We then went to my mom's to pick her and my step dad up for dinner. We had a reservation so the wait was short and dinner was good. Around April I thought of a gift for my mom. I wanted to make a list of all the things I was thankful for. From baby til now. I had 100's of papers in a candy jar all with things I was thankful for. " Thank you for buying me My Little Ponies" " Thank you for loving and accepting my husband as your own" " Thank you for letting me help bake cookies with you even though it would have been a lot easier to do it without me" and the list goes on. She really loved it and she also loved her special card that I got off of snapfish. After that my step dad took us to yogurt and they had the most Delicious fat free butter pecan flavored yogurt and it was to die for!
After that hubby and I came home, relaxed, watched some reality TV ( I did not him :)
All in all it was a good day. I was thankful for being able to see the beauty of the day and knowing how good and big our God is definitely brought me the peace that I needed to get through yet another Mother's Day without being a Mother.
P.S. I totally forgot to mention last week that I received my socks from fertility socks. Aren't they awesome? Don't know what fertility socks are? Check it out here! A Wonderful woman named Emily started this awesome idea ! Please head on over to her website and show her some support!









3 comments:
That is really nice that you were thought of on Mother's Day. I am glad you had a wonderful day! Love the socks! I wear crazy socks all the time and it is funny to see this! I have knee high socks that look like shoes, ones with clovers, and just crazy plaid ones. I wear them for u/s all the time! LOL
Love the card from your dad. How thoughtful! Glad you had a good day. Totally love the socks. :)
What a great gift idea for your Mom! I may have to borrow that one sometime...
Post a Comment