How many strollers do you have and how many do you think you need?
I have heard it's nice to have an umbrella one but I have also pushed a umbrella one when they are heavier and it doesn't seem to move! Also found a affordable Graco one that I think would be perfect but would we need that one ( which is light weight) and a umbrella one?
Now we are borrowing a snap and go from one of my best friends and we don't even have a regular stroller. We do have the umbrella ( Thank you Candice and Mike!) but she obviously can't use that til a little later. Also I want to get one super soon because with the snap and go I feel like I am constantly leaving her in the car seat and I don't like that.
P.S. We love the BOB but just can't pay that money for it. We will definitley consider it more with baby #2 then look at a BOB double.
And a final OH YEAH! I got a " M.O.B.Y." wrap yesterday. Actually a friend made it and holy awesomeness! Best invention ever you don't even feel like you have a sack of potatoes on your front :) and she loves it, and its easy! People said it was difficult but not even! I keep getting faster and faster!
OK thanks any stroller tips would be greatly appreciated!
I have heard it's nice to have an umbrella one but I have also pushed a umbrella one when they are heavier and it doesn't seem to move! Also found a affordable Graco one that I think would be perfect but would we need that one ( which is light weight) and a umbrella one?
Now we are borrowing a snap and go from one of my best friends and we don't even have a regular stroller. We do have the umbrella ( Thank you Candice and Mike!) but she obviously can't use that til a little later. Also I want to get one super soon because with the snap and go I feel like I am constantly leaving her in the car seat and I don't like that.
P.S. We love the BOB but just can't pay that money for it. We will definitley consider it more with baby #2 then look at a BOB double.
And a final OH YEAH! I got a " M.O.B.Y." wrap yesterday. Actually a friend made it and holy awesomeness! Best invention ever you don't even feel like you have a sack of potatoes on your front :) and she loves it, and its easy! People said it was difficult but not even! I keep getting faster and faster!
OK thanks any stroller tips would be greatly appreciated!








14 comments:
http://ventura.craigslist.org/bab/1386833224.html
we have the snap n go and love it. Right now that is the only stroller that we own. I unbuckle her car seat straps but strap the snap n go buckle...that way she has a little relief from the car seat. We are looking for a lightweight stroller right now. If you use one before Faith turns 6 months you need to make sure that it reclines. The light weight one that we are looking at are not your typical cheap mall umbreall strollers. We want one with a bit more substance to it. Check out strollers dot com. Sometimes they have great deals. Honestly, I think you only need one stroller(lightweight/umbrella) besides the snap n go-just make sure it is the one you want and will last for a few years. I am beiing picky because I want storage basket, tray, lightweight, adjustable reversable handles, canopy, cup holder...basically the dream stroller. Also, check out craigslist you might be able to find your dream stoller on there!
I didn't put Ellie in the stroller without the car seat until she was old enough to sit up by herself, so like 4-6 months. Those strollers swallow them whole before then, and they have to be reclined, since they can't sit up before then. I still sometimes snap the carseat into the stroller when I'm in a hurry or she's asleep. She's less than 2 lbs. away from growing out of the carseat and needing a big girl one and I'm not looking forward to it. =(
Oh, and we have one lightweight (seriously lightweight) Graco stroller that lets you snap on that will be her regular stroller once she outgrows the carseat. We also have a ginormous stroller given to us that stays in our garage to use when we go walking in the evenings.
This is our stroller. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3368239
I talked about it so much that my friend got the same one for her new baby. I had to have a lightweight one that would fold up similar to an umbrella (but with much more substance) that would also fit in the trunk of my HOnda Civic. It has been great! The only thing that I don't like about it is that I can't get the cup holder to stay on and it does not have a tray.
The only stroller we have right now is the Chicco travel system (which I love), N is 4 months and all I use is this. I can take him out of the carseat and put him in the big part of the stoller (he is still small for this) but it gives him some relief from his car seat.
When we adopted Crista we splurged on a stroller...and I'm SO glad we did. We got the Peg Perego Pliko P3 stroller and its amazing! Crista has always LOVED riding in it, and still does at age 3. I love that it folds like an umbrella stoller so it fits nicely in the trunk of our car without taking up all the room. It also has a piece on the back so older siblings can ride too. Crista can't wait to graduate to the back! It is a little pricey, but even my husband agrees that its been worth every penny! Good luck with your choice!!
Melinda
Here's the link to the stoller:
http://www.pegperego.com/page.php?sid=ca0e0c0488e1e9e4588918245a614760&pageid=UJVNL001&idf=04&idp=0000000195&cl=N
Although I have no experience yet, I'm going with LL's thinking. We have the snap n go for our Graco car seat. Then when baby boy outgrows that, I'm getting the Maclaren Quest (it's a light weight, but more heavy duty umbrellas stroller). The seat reclines to different positions, the leg part lifts up (good to use this to change diapers if necessary too), the basket is decent, the turning radius is good, it's light weight, it's got a carrying strap, it's got a decent cover, it's a good brand, meant to last long. I'd ideally like a jogging stroller too, but cant afford a great umbrella and a jogging stroller....so jogging stroller is out.
I would say you definitely need an umbrella stroller that can hold up. We have the Maclaren Triumph which I got brand new off e-bay for about $70 less than retail plus I got free shipping. It only weighs about 14 lbs so it's super easy to get in and out of the car, and it works for a child up to 55 lbs, but also reclines slightly so can work for a child from about 3 months old on.
As to the number of stollers, we have one bigger one that I keep at home for walks around the neighborhood, and then the maclaren and that's all we've needed. I think it's really a matter of preference though.
Hope that helps!
Get one little, light stroller that's easy to push, pack, and set-up/collapse.
Then buy your daughter a lovely hat.
We had an umbrella stroller then one of the huge graco ones! We used them both for different things!
I know that I am the nerd mom and am crazy about safety, but consumer reports doesnt look very highly at most brands of umbrella strollers. So my advice is use the one that you want but check the saftey on particular brands on consumer reports first.
We have three strollers. . .a Bob double, a zooper single and then a travel system one, I can't remember the name brand (Probably Graco or something.) We are outside a lot so investing in the BOB and Zooper was totally worth it. You are not going to be able to push an umbrella through the grass! Our son is 3 1/2 now and still can sit in them. PLUS, now that we have two--sometimes we take two single strollers instead of the double if we know it is going to be extremely crowded and a double will be a pain. It is worth the investment--and if you look on craigslist--you may be able to find one cheaper. Remember--if somebody originally invested a fortune in a stroller--they are going to take good care of it--so getting a used BOB or Zooper will probably be almost like getting new. We do have a minivan--so transport of these strollers is much easier--I'm not sure how trunk space is with these strollers.
I always said that I wouldn't buy a lot of strollers, but I use all the ones we have, often.
For when Andrew was a newborn, I had the frame for his infant carseat. Loved it! It lasted until he was 9 months.
Now, I use a Combi lightweight stroller. It is a great balance between lightweight and sturdy. It was $120
I also have a $20 umbrella stroller for grandma and for my husband to use.
Finally, I have a jogging stroller with inflatable wheels. I use it all the time. The Combi couldn't handle the sidewalks in our neighborhood. The jogging stroller I got was $130, a Baby Trend, and works great.
Post a Comment