Sunday, August 22, 2010

Dare I say...

Dare I say things are getting slightly better out here in Austin? It's stil hot as hell and there is no doubt I still desperatley miss my family and friends but it is getting just the ever so teeny tiniest bit better.

We have found a nice little routine out here and times to get out to try and avoid the heat and bugs. We found out that our local mall has a really nice play zone for the kids and with the big kids heading back to school tomorrow that will only get better.

So we usually start our mornings at the park right outside our door!

We also found an inflatable fun house that Faith really loves! Under a year is free so we have been taking advantage of that place indeed! They even have a little zone for Toddler's only and she is usually the only one in there so she loves it!


They also have this awesome foam put! Faith LOVED it but then I realized why the sign said no babies in the foam pit.



Also on Sundays we have been putting her in the church daycare and she just loves it! They tell us how sweet and hapy she is and today we were told she was trying to hug all the other kids :)

And a couple weeks ago we discovered the local lake is a really pretty place to take some walks when its not 110 degrees outside.


We swim almost every day too! Faith just loves the water ( as long as it isn't in her face) so I'm glad the pool is so close by!

We also found a great place as a family to  hang out! I won't say the name of it online here but if your from the area you know what a cool place it is!


Oh yeah and we found this splash pad place that is pretty awesome too! This picture is so funny because if you look to the right side you can see the splash of water coming towards Faith so her face was already bracing for impact! To cute she is!



So things are slowly but surely getting better here. It's not home...and as some have told me it might never be but while we are here we will most definitley do our best to  mak the best out of Austin! It might not always be easy but at the end of the day I wanna know I have it my best! I guess the hardest part is feeling like I am missing so much! Yesterday was my best friends baby shower...one of my other best friends is pregnant too...my other best friend has her bridal shower coming up...I am just missing so much from so many people that I love!

But at the end of the day it is what it is and right now the Lord has called us to be Texans! So we will serve as we are called where ever it may be!

( BTW anyone still out there reading this blog? :)

17 comments:

J said...

I'm a faithful reader!!

I love the family photo...it is precious and she looks so funny in the photo where she is bracing herself for the water to hit her face. Gosh, I'm so in love with her sweet face!

Anonymous said...

I'm still reading and I'm so happy things are getting better and you have found a nice routine!!!!
xoxo-M

Miss CanAM said...

Yes, still reading :) I am an awful commenter (is that a word?) But I am so happy to see things are improving in Austin!

Melissa Jo said...

I read your blog every time you update, been praying for you and Miss Faith to find a groove! Glad things are looking up for you! God Bless, keep posting, I'm reading!

Megs said...

Glad to hear that things are looking up for you!! I have been reading every update you post, but I am sorry, I have been bad about commenting. I am staying pretty busy at my new job right now and I dont have much time in the evenings to get on the computer, but I am reading!! :)

Breen said...

I'm still following...

The unmentioned place looks like a lot of fun!

One Blessed Momma! said...

Yes! I read every post...but I'm a bad commenter - sorry :0)

Keep bringin us those posts girl!

Birdie said...

Aww, Faith is so cute! I love the little swimsuit and how it protects her little shoulders from the sun. Great idea! I'm glad that things are looking up for you a little bit. I know it will take time.

texas girl said...

I love the river my family goes there every summer since i was little bitty! were from spring texas close to houston me and my husband are having our first baby in 2 days and are already planning a trip there next summer glad to see it is possible to take babies i was worried!!!!

HappyAutisticMama said...

I'm still reading:-) I live in the Houston area and have family in Austin so I'm actually following it more now than before. I'm not a TX native, and it took me time to adjust, but I did and now it is home. I hope you come to enjoy it more as the weather improves--it will, I promise!

sweetpeanme said...

Still reading! :o)

Looks like you all found lots of fun things to do...I can't even find that many things where I live!! And I've lived here for almost 10 years! I guess maybe because I wasn't a mom before and had other ideas of fun! :o) Better start lookin' around!! :o)

Kelli said...

Glad things are looking up! Sounds like you are having lots of fun!! :)

amanda said...

Glad things are getting better! Love you 3!

Amber said...

Yep...still reading!

Glad to hear things are getting better! I have another friend in Georgia who talks about the inflatable places...how cool!

Deb said...

Great pictures. That inflatable place is awesome. Glad you're getting in to a routine.

My brother comes for a visit to TX & PA once maybe twice a year. He was up this summer with the whole family including my nieces; 12, 6 & almost 2. And I missed it since we moved here. Those were the worst weeks for me here because seeing them was the always the highlight of our summer and I don't know when we'll see them again. Once they went home it started feeling like home here.
Anyhow, glad it's starting to get easier for you.

B MoM said...

I'm still reading too. You're one of my most favorite bloggers! I just dont comment very often, but keep blogging. Kaua and I love following your adventures. =) (P.S. I feel like no one ever reads my blogs too, I may also send a shout out to see if anyone reads my blog too....)

jodilee0123 said...

Yes! I still read! Love watching Faith grow! ;0)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin