While we had a nice mellow BBQ at home for Faith's birthday in Texas I knew I wanted to have our cloest family and friends gather to celebrate Faith birthday back in California! Its funny because I always pictured having this HUGE birthday party for her first birthday but with the move and everything it just didn't work out. And the more I thought about it the more stressed I got so I was more than happy when I decided that for Faith's California birthday we would keep it to close family and friends and get to actually enjoy the day!
I decided to go on a beachy type California theme for the party and for using pre-used decorations and spending minimal money on the decorations I think it came out pretty good!
Tables
I got this idea from " Life in the Dub Lane" they are coffee filters! Mama Dub's came out way better but I was proud to have tried :)
I hung the monthly pictures we had taken of Faith off the patio and it came out so cute and colorful! The perfect touch!
And then we got lots of blow up toys. Beach balls, inner tubes, pool toys and more!
And this was the gift table pre gifts. On it were 5 photo albums that my dear friend Stacy had made for us. In the albums were Faith's first year! It was one of the sweetest most thoughtful gifts I have ever received. I cried just looking at all the pictures again. I know doing this took so much time and effort! Thank you again Stacy for this wonderful gift we will treasure forever!
The party was wonderful! All my dearest friends were there and it was a party full of love! I know every person there has prayed for us and been by our side through everything. Infertility, adoption and now our daughter's first birthday! We had hot dogs and hamburgers, some home made carrot cake, spinach dip and a wonderful time! Of course the only thing missing was my Hubby but I was very happy he got to celebrate her actual BIRTH day with us :)
Didn't Faith look gorgeous in her outfit?!?!?
During the Happy Birthday song I kept lighting Faith's candle never actually seeing it lite then I sat it in front of her and it obviously was lite becaue poor baby grabbed it and burned her little fingers! Talk about feeling like worst mama of the year! Thankfully it was nothing just really scared her but ohmigoodness did it break my heart knowing it was my fault! After some mommy kisses and ice on her boo boo she was ready to go at her cupcake again.
This was right before the burn ;(
And this of course was going back to the cupcake happy as can be :)
After cake we openned up gifts! Faith is one lucky lady and got so many fun presents! She got a fun little kitchen, some adorable outfits, play-dough which we used on the plane for entertainment, a talking turtle toy, an adorable towel with her name on it, and lots of wonderful other things including the openning of a college savings fund!
After the party we cleaned up and Faith enjoyed playing with some of her new gifts and helped us clean up ;)
And this picture is just plain and simple adorable so I have to add it!
And last but not least at the end of the night my mom and step dad presented Faith with a 529 Savings Plan for college! It was a wonderful gift that will obviously be of great use!
This is the best picture we got of her holding her certificate for her 529 :) You can kinda see the word education in there!
And that my friends was Faith's California Birthday Bash! Who knows where next years party will be :)
And this picture is just plain and simple adorable so I have to add it!
And last but not least at the end of the night my mom and step dad presented Faith with a 529 Savings Plan for college! It was a wonderful gift that will obviously be of great use!
This is the best picture we got of her holding her certificate for her 529 :) You can kinda see the word education in there!
And that my friends was Faith's California Birthday Bash! Who knows where next years party will be :)












3 comments:
GREAT pictures. Thanks for posting them. That be one HAPPY baby!
Her party was F-U-N!
You did a great job. I'll have to remember the coffee filters, very easy and creative. And hanging the monthly pictures, so cute. I love it. Might have to do that as well. So glad you had a good time celebrating with family and friends. She is a blessed little girl surrounded by love.
Post a Comment