Yesterday Faith and I decided to hit up a local Fall Festival. I had heard great things about it and heard it was very busy ( which it was) so to arrive early ( which we did). All the little ones got to geth dressed up and play tons of age appropraite games, hay rides, cookies, stories and to top it all off it was all FREE!
| Faith was content just pushing her stroller the whole morning :) |
So being the new to Texas mom that I am I didn't dress Faith in her costume because it would of course be to hot! So I put her in a cute little orange shirt with some zebra pants and she was set and looking adorable. Well imagine my surprise when we get there and its freezing! OK slight exageration but it was very cold! Overnight its like the weather changed! It was breezy and chilly and because we weren't prepared semi miserable! I was so bummed to have missed an opportunity where Faith could actually wear her costume more than once!
| Fishing for some candy |
But Faith thankfully didn't seem to mind the cold! She just loved walking around and starring at all the costumes. She definitley wasn't into the games at all but more so because waiting in line didn't really seem like a lot of fun to her. But we did have a really nice time just walking around and hanging out. Then mama got too cold and decided it was time to leave!
| Love her! |
It really was a great morning out with Faith but I also felt so lonely there ;( Watching all the mama's with their mommy friends, or even more so with Grandma's with their grandbabies really made me miss my friends and my parents so much. I just got teary eyed when I was watching a Grandma play ring toss with her Grand daughter...I miss that...And another random thing I miss is running into people. You know that feeling when your out and about and you run into a friend? Its just so warm and nice to have that unexpected hello come your way and as weird as it sounds I miss that too.
| Watching storytime |
Then on the way home the lady at the toll collecting the money said " Have a blessed day" and I just broke down :( Topper on the cake Faith woke up before 6am...so Its already been quite the long day.
But none the less we did enjoy our time at Old McDonald's Farm and are super excited about all the fun things we have planned this weekend!
More clues for Faith's costume
1) When you combine the number of limbs Faith has with the numbers of limbs this thing has it equals 12
2) It's an animal








6 comments:
Faith is truly such a cute little girl. I'm glad she enjoyed the festival.
Sorry to hear that you had a hard time. I can only imagine. I'm praying for you that things start to get better and you find some good true friends around there.
Octopus?? :)
Birdie has to be right! Can't wait to see pics!!
Glad you had fun at the fall party. Looks fun to me ;)
I am so happy that you and Faith had such a fun time at the festival.
Many prayers for you my friend. May God ease your loneliness.
I wish I hadn't swapped states with you. I'd come visit you and bump in to you.
Looks like a great day out.
Post a Comment