Thursday, December 29, 2011

Tyson's First Food

My little man is a BIG eater! Like literally since he was 2-3 months old he would want 6 oz and then cry for more! It was and still is crazy! I swear some days he would eat close to 40 oz! We didn't really let that happen to much because we knew it was just to much for him but it was as his " I'm full " button would never go on!

So anyways at his 4 month appointment the doctor asked us if we considered when we would start solids and I told her I honestly felt he wasn't quite ready yet ( he was a 34 weeker so he was a little behind in head control and what not) but a few weeks after he turned 4 months he was crying crying for more formula ( even though he spits it up when he over eats) so while Daddy had Winni upstairs for a bath I sat my favorite little man in his Bumbo and we went for it!


I made all Winni's baby food and will probably make some, although not all,  of Tyson's. We mainly buy the organic stuff anyways and for me personally while I enjoyed making Winni's baby food and found it rather easy it was very hard to serve when on the go. I felt like we ended up wasting a lot when we were out and about ( which is constantly) and now having 2 little ones my time in the kitchen is rather limited so I'll probably still make some of the easy stuff like bananas, avocados etc but this time I am also just fine serving jarred baby food to Tyson.

Anyways!

I grabbed a jar of sweet potatoes and off we went! It was really hard getting pictures while feeding him but here is the first bite! In it goes...


and out it goes


It took a little while but with each bite he got better and better and at the end definitley seemed more satusfied than with just his formula.

I mean he was trying to feed himself by the end of the meal!


And to prove to you that he really did like it...


So all in all I would say we have a success! We have since tried green beans, bananas and apples and of course some rice cereal and he seems to love them all ! Although the green bean face doesn't seem to be all that impressed.

Winni has since decided that she wants to get in on the action and help feed Tyson.






Thank you Tyson for being so wonderful and so patient with your sister! She loves you so much!

But I understand a man can only tolerate so much...


1 comment:

S and J said...

So cute how Winni wants to be such a good BIG sister!!! <3 it. J

Blog Widget by LinkWithin