Thursday, January 22, 2009

Today


Today is a new day and I feel like the sun is shining just for me. It's calling my name to get out of bed and enjoy this beautiful once-in-a-life time day the Lord has made for me. Today is the first day of the rest of my life and for that I am going to rejoice and make it wonderful day.


In many ways I feel a new hope for today. A new attitude and a new opportunity to serve the Lord. I new chance at conceiving a baby. Today for the first time I am visiting a acupuncturist. He was referred to me by my R.E. and while they often work simultaneously, because of our whole insurance issue I will just be going to see the acupuncturists for a while. I feel like he was sent to me from God. Just the timing of it all, his website which made me feel so confident, my current Doctor using and referring him, as well as the fact that when I called to ask some questions and make a initial appointment he happened to answer the phone. It was Wednesday and they do not usually do treatments on Wednesday but he was in the office, doing some extra work and answered the phone. Not many people who own their own center answer the phone but he did and he spoke with me for about 35-40 minutes. Answering every question I had as well as giving some much desired advice. But more than that he gave me some much desired hope. After only hearing about my situation he assured me that I would one day get pregnant. He even went as far to say " I would bet you'll be pregnant in about 3 months. If your somehow not pregnant in 6 months then honestly I would recommend trying acupuncture combined with Western medicine, but I don't think we'll get to that anyways." Just to hear that made my heart so happy. I honestly feel like he was this blessing from the Lord so I can hear with my own ears " You will get pregnant!" Sure my friends tell me this all the time but when someone completely qualified who actually can assist in my conceiving of a child tells me this I believe him!


So tomorrow is my first appointment with my new acupuncture doctor. Thus far I love the guy. He's honest, kind, understanding, experienced and most of all has a high pregnancy rate. I can't wait to give it all a try. I know that acupuncture is not only poking needles in my body but a whole life change. Herbs and a way of eating that I am not use to. But I am willing to try and hopefully sooner rather than later I will be blogging about my amazing incredible experience with eastern medicine and naturally conceiving my little one.


I have had many opinions on trying acupuncture both positive and negative. Honestly before this I wasn't sure if I believed in the whole thing, but my acupuncturist put it in a great way " Eastern medicine empowers you to make the change you want in your body" so what difference is that from those that want an all natural child birth? None if you ask me...so we'll give it a go and I'll let you know!
( I should have posted this the morning but I forgot :)

4 comments:

Jennifer Fink said...

Oh, Heather -- I had no idea you were going through all this!!!!! I hadn't really checked your blog since you've been back (like the new look, BTW), and now I see that SO much has happened. I can't even begin to imagine the horrible roller coaster you've been on -- though I can relate to the changed insurance nightmare. Ours got changed at the New Year too, and we basically have no insurance until we pay the first $5000 out of pocket.

Hang in there. You are strong, and you will find a way through this. I did acupuncture once, when I was preg with Sam, and it was good (actually pretty relaxing).

Please let me know if there's anything we/I can do to help.

Jen

Melissa Stone said...

good luck! When we found out our first twin had died, the RE sent me to see an accupunturist to save Ben and it worked. I never believed in it before but it seemed to work for me! Good luck!!!

Jo-Ann said...

I have heard a lot of good things with acupuncture and infertility. Definitely worth it. :)

Kitty said...

Heather-
YEAH! i read your Thursday post and it was wonderful! Sounds like that was a great day for you! I'm so glad. Your accupuncturist sounds wonderful! A perfect match for you! How was your first appointment? Interesting isn't it. I enjoy mine but she doesn't really say much about my signs, but I always leave feeling relaxed and good! I wish the same for you!
And I know you're hearing a lot of opinions about accupuncture, but remember this is your choice, your life and your body! I'm thrilled for you and I believe in you and your body! Sounds like your accpuncturist really does too! How thrilling! Take all the support you can get! It helps so much!

Thanks for the cheers on my chart. It's pretty exciting isn't it!!! I really hope it stays looking good and turns into something miraculous! :) You know I'll keep you posted!
Hugs!
Kittyw

Blog Widget by LinkWithin