After talking to my husbands employer and calling the insurance we do not and we will not have any coverage for infertility. The insurance company says its considered a choice that they don't cover. Yet they cover the choice to not have a baby. They cover abortion and vasectomies. Go figure.
So my Doctor wants me to come in one more time to check my ovaries and make sure I didn't overstimulate or anything but honestly I don't have the extra $300 bucks to go in to see him for ten minutes. Don't get me wrong I adore my Doctor and his whole staff, ( they even called today to see how I was doing) but just because I love them doesn't mean I can afford them.
I have had some great advice from many people. So step 1 is doing it myself. Eating better, cut out unhealthy carbs and sugar as much as possible and exercise. I was also referred to many acupuntuirists and depending on their prices it might be something to look into. I definitley need to find a part time job though to pay for something extra like that.
Now we really are praying for a MIRACLE!
So my Doctor wants me to come in one more time to check my ovaries and make sure I didn't overstimulate or anything but honestly I don't have the extra $300 bucks to go in to see him for ten minutes. Don't get me wrong I adore my Doctor and his whole staff, ( they even called today to see how I was doing) but just because I love them doesn't mean I can afford them.
I have had some great advice from many people. So step 1 is doing it myself. Eating better, cut out unhealthy carbs and sugar as much as possible and exercise. I was also referred to many acupuntuirists and depending on their prices it might be something to look into. I definitley need to find a part time job though to pay for something extra like that.
Now we really are praying for a MIRACLE!








7 comments:
miracles come in many forms....so yours will come, just maybe not in a form we expect it. keep praying and believing and standing on the Lord's promises. It will happen for you.
Hey girly!
I'm thinking of you and praying for you! I'm so mad at your insurance company!! Any chance you can switch insurance companies? Or add insurace for fertility coverage? Just an idea to look into. Or does your doctor provide services at a discount for people with no or lessened insurance coverage after having coverage?? Are there anythings you could do for them? (like if you were an accountant you could help in that area, or if you're in HR you could help with HR, just another idea)
Yeah for O!! That's fantastic!!! I'm so happy O happened and you're in the 2ww. Think positive thoughts for your body and your mind! :) And thanks for the cheers on my chart! I'm siked and hope it turns into a BFP!
Heather- I'm pulling for you and thinking of you tons!!
Kitty
I'm sorry to hear about your ins. It really does suck! Think positive and keep praying. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Hey Chica,
Got your message. Thanks so much for the thoughts and prayers!!! I'd love for us to start our "I'm pregnant!" blog together! You and a few others I want to bring along with me!!!
Good luck Friday! I'm thrilled for you! Let me know if you have any
?s about it. I think you'll enjoy it and feel really positive after!
I'm thinking of you chica! Keep smiling! God will fulfill your heart's desire!!
:) Kitty
That stinks! I feel you, we too are self pay. My office visits are $350 OUCH! We just bit the bullet and did it anyways. What good is $ if we aren't truly happy and don't have a child to share our life with. Money can come later, for now I will stop at no length. Looking forward to following your journey, I sure hope this works for you so that you won't have that added financial stress.
I stumbled onto your blog through many others and felt compelled to post.
My husband and I went through 3 years of infertility, 2 with a fertility clinic. I was diagnosed with PCOS. It was a long and difficult struggle and we lost 3 angels along the way. In the end, we finally were successful with our 5th medicated IUI with our miracle, Matthew. A few short months later, we were doublely blessed with our natural miracle #2, Ryan.
I can't say I know what you are going through because everyone's fertility story is so different. But I wanted to say that having been in the trenches, I feel for you and am cheering you on and saying a special prayer.
Jo-Ann
I believe in miracles! It can happen! I think it will be good to make the diet changes and it just may help.
On another note - have you spoken to your RE's office about a payment plan for this current IUI cycle? I think because you have had the meds, that you should continue this cycle out especially with monitoring because so much can happen with OHSS that can land you in the hospital. Giving your situation maybe they can work out a payment plan for you. (((Hugs)))
Post a Comment