
As you can see and tell from my last post I've been feeling not so super lately. I've been feeling forgotten and sad. Angry and mad. I kept praying " God please speak to me!" And last night HE did.
My dear sweet blogger friend Joy recommended the movie " Facing the Giants" to me. She kept telling me " Prepare for rain!" She has been a huge source of faith and support for me as she has been through the adoption process and she now has a beautiful baby girl!
So I rented the movie and it sat on my TV stand for about a week. Hubby and I kept talking about watching it and figured we would do so this weekend. So we sat down to watch it tonight and can I say A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I needed this movie right now more than anything and feel so blessed the Lord spoke to me tonight and I can see so much clearer.
Facing The Giants has numerous plots. It's about a high school football team who is struggling yet when their coach and team decide to put their hope and faith and praise God NO MATTER WHAT they are able to turn things around. It's about a football kicker who doesn't believe in himself although his wheel chair stricken father does. And for me it's about a couple struggling with infertility.
This movie touched me in so many ways. It questioned my faith and asked me " If God doesn't, will I still praise HIM?" The movie asked me repeatedly " Is anything impossible with God?" It taught me about ALWAYS giving my best to God and how to believe in myself enough to go places I never thought I could go.
I hope you all take the time to watch this movie. Bring a box of Kleenex as you will most definitely need it. I wish I could hold a movie screening for all of us but since I can't I wanted to share a few parts that really touched my heart and hopefully can speak to you as well.
*** I had made this awesome little video with snippets from the movie and now they won't upload to blogger!!! It's kinda ruining the flow of my post but I will do my best to summarize***
Just a few quotes from the movie
Wife to husband ( they are infertile and having difficulty conceiving)
" How can I miss someone so much that I have never met?"
I can't tell you how often I feel that feeling in my heart. My heart physically aches at times at how much I miss and love our children. And I don't get it. I don't know them, I have never met them yet I love beyond measure and miss them and pray for them daily...I don't get it.
A prayer warrior to husband/football coach when he is questioning rather he is where he is suppose to be
" Coach Taylor, the Lord is not through with you yet....and until the Lord moves you, you are to bloom right where you are planted"
Thank you God for this message! YOU ARE TO BLOOM RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED. Hear that? God has us in this place right now TO BLOOM not to hide but to BLOOM. HE has us here for a reason and until HE calls us to move we are to BLOOM RIGHT HERE!
Prayer warrior to husband/football coach
" I once heard a story about 2 farmers who desperately needed rain. And both of them prayed for rain but only one of them went out and prepared his fields to receive it. Which one do you think trusted God to send the rain? - Prayer Warrior
Well the one who prepared his fields for it.- Coach
Which one are you? God will send the rain when HE is ready. You need to prepare your field to receive it. - Prayer Warrior
Do we prepare to for rain? Or do we simply ask God and then stand by with no expectations of rain in our heart? I know sometimes I prepare and other times I tell myself there is no rain in sight. But God will send the rain WHEN HE IS READY I just need to prepare my field to receive it.
Head football coach to Assistant Coach when putting in his rookie player for the game winning kick against all odds.
" What are you doing?" - Assistant Coach
" Preparing for rain." - Head coach
So I ask you today? Are you preparing for rain?
I know I am....
Thank you God for being a God of miracles.
For with God nothing shall be impossible Luke 1:37
My dear sweet blogger friend Joy recommended the movie " Facing the Giants" to me. She kept telling me " Prepare for rain!" She has been a huge source of faith and support for me as she has been through the adoption process and she now has a beautiful baby girl!
So I rented the movie and it sat on my TV stand for about a week. Hubby and I kept talking about watching it and figured we would do so this weekend. So we sat down to watch it tonight and can I say A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I needed this movie right now more than anything and feel so blessed the Lord spoke to me tonight and I can see so much clearer.
Facing The Giants has numerous plots. It's about a high school football team who is struggling yet when their coach and team decide to put their hope and faith and praise God NO MATTER WHAT they are able to turn things around. It's about a football kicker who doesn't believe in himself although his wheel chair stricken father does. And for me it's about a couple struggling with infertility.
This movie touched me in so many ways. It questioned my faith and asked me " If God doesn't, will I still praise HIM?" The movie asked me repeatedly " Is anything impossible with God?" It taught me about ALWAYS giving my best to God and how to believe in myself enough to go places I never thought I could go.
I hope you all take the time to watch this movie. Bring a box of Kleenex as you will most definitely need it. I wish I could hold a movie screening for all of us but since I can't I wanted to share a few parts that really touched my heart and hopefully can speak to you as well.
*** I had made this awesome little video with snippets from the movie and now they won't upload to blogger!!! It's kinda ruining the flow of my post but I will do my best to summarize***
Just a few quotes from the movie
Wife to husband ( they are infertile and having difficulty conceiving)
" How can I miss someone so much that I have never met?"
I can't tell you how often I feel that feeling in my heart. My heart physically aches at times at how much I miss and love our children. And I don't get it. I don't know them, I have never met them yet I love beyond measure and miss them and pray for them daily...I don't get it.
A prayer warrior to husband/football coach when he is questioning rather he is where he is suppose to be
" Coach Taylor, the Lord is not through with you yet....and until the Lord moves you, you are to bloom right where you are planted"
Thank you God for this message! YOU ARE TO BLOOM RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED. Hear that? God has us in this place right now TO BLOOM not to hide but to BLOOM. HE has us here for a reason and until HE calls us to move we are to BLOOM RIGHT HERE!
Prayer warrior to husband/football coach
" I once heard a story about 2 farmers who desperately needed rain. And both of them prayed for rain but only one of them went out and prepared his fields to receive it. Which one do you think trusted God to send the rain? - Prayer Warrior
Well the one who prepared his fields for it.- Coach
Which one are you? God will send the rain when HE is ready. You need to prepare your field to receive it. - Prayer Warrior
Do we prepare to for rain? Or do we simply ask God and then stand by with no expectations of rain in our heart? I know sometimes I prepare and other times I tell myself there is no rain in sight. But God will send the rain WHEN HE IS READY I just need to prepare my field to receive it.
Head football coach to Assistant Coach when putting in his rookie player for the game winning kick against all odds.
" What are you doing?" - Assistant Coach
" Preparing for rain." - Head coach
So I ask you today? Are you preparing for rain?
I know I am....
Thank you God for being a God of miracles.
For with God nothing shall be impossible Luke 1:37








11 comments:
Beautiful Post!! :)
Love this movie!! It's been a long time since I have seen it. I think I need to go buy it...thanks for the reminder!
so true heather! Always prepare for rain- the Lord never fails :)
great post :)
I've heard so much about this movie, but I've yet to see it!
It's on my to do list in the very near future - my dh is a high school coach so sounds like one we'd both enjoy!
Yay!! I'm so glad you liked the movie and it was an encouragement to you! I guess I had assumed everyone had seen the movie already. I own it and have to watch it every now and then. It's so great!!
great post and love the movie
Such a good post.
This movie sounds great. I will have to check it out.
No matter what we are facing we can all use a movie like this to bring us closer to God.
I absolutely loved that movie and your post did a nice job discussing the important topics. Praying for you!
such a great post. your faith is inspiring. =)
It would be nice to know exactly where in the bible this story is told. I also loved the movie and I found this exchange of words powerful - but I can’t find these so called scriptural references anywhere in the word of God. Any idea where they got this from? (the story of the two farmers)??
the impact of the saying stay put till the Lord tells you to go. WOW!
ive really been struggling lately on where im at in my walk with GOD. Im a youth leader and ive been feeling thats not the place and been praying about. ive asked God to show me what i need to do. i keep coming back to staying put this is where im needed. Also when i heard those words it also made me really think. God always talks to you even in a movie.
Post a Comment