Monday, June 29, 2009

My Feelings of the Day

I have no clear thoughts in my head so here's my bullet points of the day

- I want a job so bad now. I am bored, school is under control, and all this time to think about baby and waiting is making me insane...I am looking and applying with no bits. I am in between that phase where I will take anything , a hostess whatever but they won't hire me because why would a person 10 weeks away from being a college grad do that? Then I'm not quite at the other end where I almost have a degree with not much expirience in the "real world" so they won't hire me either. I have appied for 3 nany jobs that I would kick ass at and can't even get a return email...Oh my...

- I am 8 days late...Good right? Not really one line this morning. Can't say I didn't expect it

-Negative pregnancy test equals shitty day no matter how you put it...but I am incredibly consoled at the fact that this just means God wants us to move forward with the adoption and I am so happy and excited about that!

-I majorly need to get in the zone for my online class. I haven't and just stare at my book attempting to get it done...but being semi depressed makes it hard

- I got some Babies'r'Us coupons in the mail today. If we had a baby or were having our shower I would have been able to use about all those coupons. They expire July 23rd so unless we have a major miracle by then, there of no use to me

- I was thinking how if our IUI worked I would be almost 5 months

- On ths upside we have been getting some amazing recommendation letters for the adoption and my heart is overflowing with how much love we are surronded with

- I am still nervous as all hell about the adoption, mainly financial. I am about as prepared as one could be for the emotional ride but the financial aspect still freaks me out

-But we did find out that we can use credit card which is kinda perfect as we have the $ to do the adoption we just prefer to make payments. So we are hopefully going to apply to a 0% interest credit card for a year and definitley within the year we can pay it off.

- I have been desperatley wanting to get our dear birth mother letter done as well as further info in our profile so that as soon as we sign we are ready to hit the ground running. I'd like to think at times I am a talented writer yet I haven't had one of those "times" in a few weeks. I need to do this letter why can't I?

- I'm sweating inside I am so warm

I think that's it for my complaints now thanks for bearing with me...I might have some more later to tack on to this we'll see how my reading goes

12 comments:

RB said...

Don't even think about the financial part of adoption. Everything will fall into place whether you worry about it or not. The birth mother letter is by far one of the hardest things to write. Just write from your heart. I'm looking forward to following your journey!

Rach@In His Hands said...

Many blessings to you on your journey to parenthood! We've already been SO blessed by the gift of adoption.:-)

Here is my original post about the wedding picture carnival. I forgot to link to it today!

http://inhishands-ouradoptionjourney.blogspot.com/2009/06/why-i-love-weddings.html

If the link doesn't work, that post is from Tuesday, June 16th.

Hope that helps!

Melissa said...

I agree with RB, don't worry about the money, God will provide!

Good luck with the letter. When you least expect it, words will just come pouring out & viola! Your paper is done.

Hope you're having a great day.

*p.s. I agree...Negative Pregnancy Test suck but God always has something bigger & better planned.

Janna said...

I worried about the financial side of our adoption as well, but in the end I just had to have faith that it would all work out. If God meant for a placement to happen, then He would provide the finances, and HE DID!!! Jon got a promotion, and the increase in salary almost perfectly matched the loan payment. I know it's hard not to worry, but GOD IS IN CONTROL!!! Just keep repeating that to yourself!! ;-)

If you'd like to take a look at our dear birthmother letter, I'd be happy to send it to you. Just email me and let me know! The day that we picked up Chipmunk, the birthmother coordinator asked our birthmother what drew her to us, and she said it was our letter. That it sounded like we both had written it. Most of the other letters sounded like the wife had written it. We bought the book, Reaching Out, a guide to writing a terrific dear birthmother letter. I'd be happy to pass it along to you. It all highlighted and the pages are falling out, but they are all there! Email me your address, and it's yours!

I'd love the coupons if you still have them. For some reason I didn't get mine in the mail, and we have another highchair and car seat to buy. However, I'm not sure how to get in touch with you...my email is: thehaiks@bellsouth.net

B MoM said...

I've been working on the belief and faith that when God wants us to take a certain path, He'll open the doors for us to allow us to do it, both physically and financially. You'll get the financial situation under control with the adoption process. Have faith.

Kelli said...

Hey babe! There's an award on my blog for you!! xoxo

Brooke said...

Hey I gave you a award also!

Brooke said...

Sometimes you just need to get that stuff out. I bet you are getting so excited! I cant imagine writing a letter to someone that I am hoping will find it in their heart to let me raise their baby. Stay positive! You are on the right track.

Michelle said...

I think the money aspect will work out. I know that it is so much easier to say that then to really believe it. I am having that problem myself. That is one of major fears about going into adoption...how will I afford it?

Anyway good luck with writing your Dear birth mom letter. I think you will do a great job!

twondra said...

Oh sweetie, I'm thinking of you. I hope by the time you read this you're feeling better.....I've been sick lately so I haven't been checking blogs. :( I hope things are better. Love you!!

Rob & Lindsey said...

I really liked your feelings of the day post. I like that you are so honest even when you are feeling negative. It helps me to know that I am not the only one that feels that way sometimes. I hope today is a better day. When I am having a really bad day, I try to remember that tomorrow will be a different day and it just might be better...
Thanks so much for your encouraging comment yesterday. I know we have never talked in person but it means so much to me to have my blogger friends by my side. I hope you are having a wonderful day today!
P.S. I just prayed for you right now:)...I know what you mean about people just saying "praying for you" and you think, "are they really?"...and I have been guilty of that before also, but I want you to know that I am lifting you up!

Love ya,
Lindsey

missy patterson said...

let me give you a tip since i know you're going to worry about the finances no matter how many people tell you not to. babies r us is a rip off. even with the coupons, you can get the same stuff way cheaper and without the hassle at target and walmart! and when you're worrying about finances, cheaper comes in handy. best wishes!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin