Any one have advice for doing a Dear Birthmother Profile? We have most of our writing done BUT are now seeking how to actually put it into a attractive profile. The way our facilitator does it snapfish, shutterfly and things like that are not an option. We know we have the option of hiring a graphic designer to put it all together but thats another couple hundred bucks we don't have.
I have been checking out digital scrapbooking software programs. Anyone have any tips or advice on those? Do they allow enough text to where that would be possible? We found one we think would work for like $50 bucks but my husband isn't too sure if that would be the right thing...so here I am asking my blogging buddies :)
Please feel free to comment and let me know any ideas!








7 comments:
are you not allowed to use snapfish? I use winkflash and it's great. You can make a great profile in a book, for like $9.95. You can pick the pages and how to arrange the pics, I would think that's a lot cheaper than getting a program!
we used microsoft publisher-we used a friend's computer that had it on there. One of my friends that went thru AH also, used www.scrapblog.com and theirs turned out really great! If I had to do mine again, I would probably use scrapblog.
and then we took it to Kinko's and had them print it on high quality paper and bind it. It turned out really nice and is not horribly expensive.
Microsoft Publiser is great for this!! Ours turned out wonderful!
We used photoshop. You can pretty much do anything on there and can probably buy a used version on craigslist or something. I still use it to edit photos--so it was a good investment. We printed out our viewing copies at home and then just did color photo copies for the ones that anyone wanted to take home to look at. I did use some scrapbooking software too. We also had to make a photo album in case anyone who was interested wanted to see more--and if we had a match meeting, they are nice to take along for conversation. Ironically. . . Jada's birthmom didn't even see our profile or photo album. (I think I already told you that!) So don't fret about it too much. When we finally decide to start our third process--it will be easy to insert new pictures and use the same format with some new writing and such. I'd be happy to critique a finished product if you would like! Just let me know! Happy creating--this is the fun part! :0)
We are just getting started on this but you could always download a trial version of software such as Photoshop or Photoshop Elements. If you need any help just let me know because I teach a Photoshop class so I know it pretty well:)
Get a scrapbooking program that can flip it to PDF. I toyed with Publisher but it didn't really do what I want; I did a layout in Visio, but nobody else has it to read it and can't flip it to PDF.
So I found and use Art Explosion Scrapbook Factory - https://www.novadevelopment.com/Products/Scrapbook_Factory_Deluxe_4/default.aspx - and it's very easy to use. It also allows you to flip it to PDF. I plan on putting mine on a thumbdrive and taking it to a printing place.
It's the best $40 I've spent in a long time. :)
Post a Comment