Tuesday, September 15, 2009

It's Amazing

A lot of people have been asking how I am feeling. The first thoughts that cross my mind are tired exhausted and sometimes clueless but the word out of my mouth that tops any of these is amazing. Its absolutley amazing being a mother to this precious beautiful little girl of ours. She is the best baby any one could ever ask for. Sure she sleeps great during the day and minimal at night. She's pooped on me and Greg about 4 or more times and I feel like we wash bottles 12 hours a day, she's amazing. Motherhood is amazing. Its everything I dreamed it to be times a million. When Faith just stares into my eyes I know she knows I am mom.
I think about her birth mother a lot though. How she, who doesn't even know us, gave us life's greatest gift. Not just a baby, but a healthy beautiful perfect baby girl. I used to read blogs about the pain you feel as the mother for the birth mom and didn't get it. Now I do. Her greatest loss in life was God's greatest gift to me, its a weird thing and is taking me a while to get used to.
I love her birth mother even though I only know her on paper. She is an incredible woman filled with more love and strength for her baby than any one including myself could understand. I love her for her strength and the gift she gave her baby.... And for once right now I am out of words to say.
On a totally seperate note little miss is sleeping and I really should be. My hubby is out of town til Wednesday so I need to sleep when I can!
Also her shower is September 26th! I'm so excited!
And lastly any good baby book anyone can recommend? About sleeping perhaps :)

16 comments:

LL said...

She is absolutely beautiful. Motherhood is amazing and exhausting.

I have about 4 o5 5 sleep training books and honestly I didn't really care for them. The best baby book that I have found is Babby 411.

Go get your sleep! :)

Fortner Family said...

Baby Wise!!!! It will save your life! ( not really but it did have Farrah sleeping through the night at 7 weeks.)

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

:) Now you get it! I was the same way when people would say that about their children's birthparents! I made myself sick the first couple days we had Mist because I was worried about her BM! I would ask the laywer how she was doing and she would say OK..well OK can mean alot of things! Mist is over 6 now and I still think about day to day...Faith is so beautiful and you better be getting some sleep since hubby isn't home to be backup!:)

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

So sweet!! I'm so happy for you! :)

Anonymous said...

The No-Cry Sleep Solution. Absolutely the best. Baby Wise is not a good choice is not meant for adoptive parents because it goes against the process of attachment, which is the most important thing your baby girl needs right now.

kalibug said...

I actually grieved for our daughter's birthmother. Have fun on her shower. That is going to be so much fun!

Mazzy said...

We followed BabyWise, but I know it is somewhat controversial. I made sure to listen more to the cues of my baby instead of living by the letter of the law that the book suggested. But the basic plan worked AMAZING for us. Though, as one commentor of yours pointed out, my parenting style was not attachment, so if you are wanting to do attachment parenting it is def not the right method for you.

I am sure everthing is going great! I haven't blogged in ages, but you were always a number one follower of mine and I have continued to read yours all the time! Please don't hesitate to email if you need any suggestions/help. smellslikemel@gmail.com
*hugs*

Becky said...

Another blogger friend of mine recently adopted and she recommended The Baby Whisperer. It is in between Baby Wise and attachment parenting so it might work for you if you are looking for something in the middle.

I am so happy for you and I am glad things are going so well. It has been amazing to read these last several posts and see what God has brought about in such a short period of time. What an Awesome God we serve!

sweetpeanme said...

How fun! That's awesome that she'll be present at her own shower...I think that's how it always should be...so she can help open the gifts! :o)

Congrats Congrats!!!

B MoM said...

google happiest baby on the block - it has techniques for soothing a newborn/infant to sleep mimicing positions/movements/sounds in the womb. They even have videos about it on youtube.

Davis Family said...

Yes motherhood is amazing! Don't really have any sleep books to recommend, but when we adopted our son, our social worker highly recommended that we steer clear of the babywise method because as others have said, your sweet girl needs as much attaching as she can get. Hope you can get a little sleep!

Amber said...

so glad to hear things are going well and what an exciting time for you two:)

Shanny said...

I'm so so happy for you, glad motherhood is amazing =)

Jennifer Fink said...

Oooh, Heather -- I HAVE the happiest baby on the block DVD and CD, if you want it. I interviewed the author, Harvey Karp, and he sent me preview copies. If you're interested, I'll send them ASAP. (In fact, I'd put them aside for you, but apparently forgot about it when I put the sling in the mail!)

Brooke said...

I am so happy for you two. I am glad to hear you are enjoying motherhood.

Melba said...

It is totally amazing, you are right! I also totally second what you said about the birthmother. It's one of those things that can be hard to understand until you actually walk in the shoes.

She is so beautiful though, what a gift indeed!

As for the sleeping, we have mostly followed "The Happiest Baby on the Block" techniques, and they have worked pretty well. It will get better with time though, no matter what you read so don't stress yourself out too much trying to follow one "perfect" method.

In the end, you will learn and know your baby's cues better than any book ever could, and the sleeping all day think will stop on its own.

Good Luck,

Melba

Blog Widget by LinkWithin