Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Thursday September 3rd 2009

Our Story to Faith Part 1
( Keep track of dates it helps :)

Thursday I spent the day with one of my favorite girls. We went to lunch then headed to sit at the coffee shop a little bit. On the way to the coffee shop my phone rang from a private number. I ignored it as I usually do then listened to the message after I parked.

" Hi Heather this is ---------- from A.d.o.p.t. Help. We have some exciting news for you , you and Greg have been chosen by a birth mother and we just wanted to talk to you and see if it would be a good match. "

I burst into sobbing sobbing tears. When my friend pulled up to the coffee shop I told her " We've been chosen" we just cried and jumped up and down and were beyond words excited.

I called the social worker back and got all the details. Without telling to much the birth mother is due on October 28 with a baby girl and lives all the way across the country and her whole family had unanimously chosen our profile. My heart was overwhelmed with excitement, joy and thanksgiving.

I went to Greg's work as soon as I could compose myself to drive. The social worker told me she left him a message so I just prayed he hadn't heard it because I wanted to be the one to tell him! I prayed the whole way there and made a quick stop at Target to pick up a onesie that said " Daddy loves Me". I got into the waiting room at his office called him in a serious voice to come out and when he did I showed him the onesie....

It was one of the best moments of my life. The secretary had gone home so we had the waiting area to our self as we hugged and cried and jumped up and down with joy. I shared all about our birth mother and we both knew it was a perfect situation and we would be honored to accept the match.

We called the next day to formally and officially accept the match...we were expecting a baby and our hearts were more full than any words could ever express

Part 2 Coming Tomorrow I promise :)

On a completely different note, being chosen by a birth mom was pretty much the best feeling I have ever felt, then when I closed my eyes and praised God for what He was doing in our life I realized that

HE ALSO CHOSE US


HE CHOSE US

and it put everything into perspective. Being chosen by a birth mom amazing. Being chosen by the creator of the universe and giver of life...priceless

And of course a picture of our precious baby girl

And BTW for all asking she came home with us straight from the hospital and has been with us ever since. She is 100% here to stay :)

26 comments:

Charnè said...

SHe is just so beautiful!!! Praise God for blessing you guys!

Ok i cannot wait for tommorows updated! Was she born early seen as you say the bm was due the 28 Oct?

Hugs from South Africa
Charne

Melinda said...

I've been waiting for this post! What a sweet gift from God..she's absolutely beautiful! Are you going to share her name??!!

Melinda

sweetpeanme said...

I am just sooooooooo in awe...she is absolutely beautiful...this is sooooo surreal!!! I can't believe you're livin' your dreams!!! How wonderful!!!

Can't wait to hear the rest of the story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I have been waiting for your post!!! She is such a beautiful little girl - that little mouth is too die for :) What a blessing - I hope you enjoy every minute of your new role as mommy. Can't wait for part 2.

twondra said...

I'm so happy for you guys! And it gave me chills when you put "He chose us" which is sooooo true!!!!

Congrats!!

I was also curious like Charne...was she born early as her due date was Oct 28??

LL said...

Here I am left hanging waiting for Part 2! ARGHHHH!!!! :) I am so thrilled for you and can't wait to hear the rest of the story.

I think adoption is so special because the parents and the babies are chosen three times! One by the birthmom who chooses to give life, one by the parents who choose to give them love and family and once by God who chose them to BE. The parents are chosen 3 times too-first they choose adoption, then the birthmom chooses them and then God chooses them. How many people can say that?! We can!

Deb said...

Makes me want to cry in joy for you. I love how you were able to go and tell your husband. I couldn't wait and had him no the phone as soon as we got the call.
Looking forward to hearing the rest when you get time between snuggles.

AsheAnn said...

congrats on your new baby girl! as I told you before, I was adopted at birth, and went home from the hospital with my adopted parents, as soon as my birth mother and I were released! This is such a great blessing. if you ever want to chat send me an email: ashely929 at gmail dot com

congrats to you and your husband. god bless!

Janna said...

Getting that call IS the most wonderful feeling in the world! I was so humbled by the fact that someone was entrusting their precious one to us. It was overwhelming at first, and all I could do was cry. I am SOOOOO happy for you guys. She is just beautiful!!! YOU'RE A MOMMY!!!! How awesome is THAT!!!!!!!!

Melissa said...

OMG OMG!! She is so beautiful!

Biting my nails waiting for tomorrow's update :)

BTW - your post made me believe even more that all things are possible with God {and his timing} :)

Congrats Momma!

Joy said...

Ok, can't wait for Part 2!!!

I have to agree, being chosen by a birthmom is one of the best feelings in the whole wide world. In 15 days it will have been one year since our "Chosen Day!" God is so good!!

jessica56 said...

Cognratulations on your new addition!! I have been following your blog and I just wanted you to know how much joy it brought me to see that your were matched with your daughter!!

Melba said...

This is a beautiful post, and your daughter is beautiful! I don't feel like I can wait until tomorrow for part two, what a cliffhanger!!

Congratulations again, I was in tears when I read about you surprising your hubby...what a story!

And the part about being chosen, WOW...that speaks volumes. Still when I look at my son, that feeling floods me. WE were the chosen ones to parent him, what an honor, and a miracle!!

Melba

Amber said...

Thanks for sharing your story!! Of course, we know how it ends, but I can't wait to hear more!! Congrats again...she is beautiful!

*Mandy* said...

I am sitting here in tears right now because I am so happy for you. God is so good!! Can't wait to hear the rest of the story.

Meant to be a mom said...

I'm so anxious to hear the rest to hear when she actually came (which obviously she did). She is just beautiful. I'm so happy for you guys. Your a mommy!!! can you even believe it!

M.B. said...

Beautiful! On the edge of my seat waiting for the rest of the story!

Enjoy the heck out of that baby!

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

Yay!!! I have been waiting and wainting and waiting for an update girly!!!!! I am so happy for you and the hubby! Isn't it amazing! That is just how Sierra came to be our daughter!! :)

Brooke said...

Sooo amazing! She is just beautiful. I am confused on the dates as well. Cant wait to hear more about her.

Dianne said...

Wow!!!! I am a little confused on the how, what, whens!! But I am just so happy for you!! What a whirlwind September!!!

She is beautiful!!

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

Wow, God is SO good!! What an amazing story to tell your daughter one day. And you have me on the edge of my seat wanting to know the rest - with a due date of October 28th...but she's home and healthy?!?! Sooo happy for you, girl! :)

One Blessed Momma! said...

Congrats sweetie!! God is good! I can't wait to hear the rest of the story!!

Anonymous said...

Quite the boxing mitts.

thiakaren said...

WOWOWOWOWO the joy comes through the pages and she is amazing! Keep writing (in your spare time of course ) hard to come by with a newborn. But we are all loving the news! Hugs Karen~

Michelle said...

She is beautiful!! I can't wait to hear part 2. I love how you mentioned that God chose us. Sometimes we need to remind ourselves of that:) Congratulations again!

B MoM said...

ugh, you've got me hanging on pins and needles. How is it that she's home with you when she was due october 28? she looks absolutely gorgeous and not a premie at all....so something must be up. =)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin