Monday, October 19, 2009

Anonymous or Not

I wasn't coming online to post this morning. Just doing my morning blog check to see how everyone is doing...and I awoke to this email from who else but the ever so popular " Anonymous" about a new comment

"That baby you bought will need it"

Thank you Mr. or Mrs. Anonymous for making me realize how incredibly strong I have become. Thank you for showing me what incredible things God has done in my life that I didn't even blink at your comment. I looked up the website you shared with me ( which I will not share on here) and said thank you and I am sorry your life is so sad. I will pray for you and others like you that you may see the light and the beauty of adoption and of being an adopted and CHOSEN child of both your adoptive parents ( who are you REAL parents by the way) and of God. Its unfortunate you feel so sorry for yourself simply because your birth mother LOVED YOU SO UNSELFISHLY and wanted THE BEST FOR YOU that she picked 2 wonderful special people who wished for you so deeply their hearts ached every time they thought about you. It's sad that you now take all the love that went into giving you the best life possible and turn that into pity for yourself.

I don't want "Anonymous" people to force me to make my blog private. Since adopting our little Faith I have had numerous new followers who have shared with me their stories or struggle and hope and desire. I want our blog to be a witness , I want people to find it by the workings of God and feel inspired and at peace through our story. I do not want the devil to win. But I am also human with a human heart, that while it is strong it is not unbreakable.

For now my blog will remain public. For my family, in real life friends, and the wonderful blogger friends I have made...Please pray for my blog and all others who have taken slander from " Anonymous" commenters who are so strong behind the computer screen yet still have to remain " Anonymous" because even they don't truly believe in what they are saying.

Lord I pray for the anonymous commenters of the world who hide because they don't know you and love you. Comfort them and forgive them and please show them Your way God. Give them peace and show them Your love. And I pray for those like myself who have been tested by these angry people and their angry words of hate, anger, and jealousy. I pray that you keep our hearts strong and unbreakable and that the devil will never win over the faith and confidence we have in You.

Amen


29 comments:

Melissa said...

ugh, how rude! How inconsiderate! It makes me upset that "anonymous" did that to you, your family and your baby girl.

I'll pray with you & for you.

I admire your strength & faith!

Marie W said...

Thats right H! You sure told them. I dislike the fact hat miserable people like to spread their misery around. The Lord blessed you in a tremendous way that only few dream of. Consider yourself blessed beyond measure, and your story is a true testiment to God's goodness.

AsheAnn said...

I am sorry that you have a "anonymous" person, whom tries to bring you done. I love that you have your gorgeous little girl. She will grow up respecting her birth morhter for choosing to give her a better life; I know that I as an adoptive child, have great respect for my birth parents for choosing to put me up for adoption, and I couldn't be more blessed with my adoptive parents! If you do decide to make your blog private I would love to still follow. just send me the password. ashely929 at gmail dot com

god bless your family!

thiakaren said...

Ashlyn got a really bad one once also. It makes me so mad! But I too will be praying and I agree with you. Your blog has been such a witness and some would love to crush that. Keep writing and sharing your good news. MOST are all thrilled right along side you. Hugs Karen~

Tracy said...

that is sad! people are stupid sometimes! we love your blog and love seeing pictures/videos of your blessing!

Amber said...

UGH! I am so sorry you had a nasty comment like that! Adoption is a beautiful option and it's still something I think about even when we have our own biological child to hold.

LL said...

I went private not because of anonymous comments but because I wanted to be able to more freely post pictures and tell our story and not worry about someone "stealing" pictures from a public blog. And I have had a few blogging friends that got "stalkers" and really harsh rude comments from anonymous posters. The Internet can be a scary place for those that wish to misuse it or hide behind the anonymity that it offers.But I do regret going private to some degree because I lost some readers and I rarely gain new readers.

I love your reply to your anonymous poster. You have the love of God and your actions and reactions demonstrate that. May God heal this person's heart.

God bless you and your family!

Brooke said...

Some people just cant handle seeing others so happy. You are wonderful, Faith is wonderful and I will pray that your blog is safe from future "anonymous" cowards who wish to bring you down.

Mandy B said...

We adopted out precious baby, too. And since then, I've clung to these blogs as a sense of community for my baby girl and our family. Thank you for sharing your story. If you decide to go private, please give us a head's up.
Prayers for you, your sweet family, your precious baby girl and your blog.

andrew,betsy,& noura said...

I have started reading your blog from my friend Lindsey's blog. I love your honesty and love. We are also in the process of adopting and as I have read adult adoptee and birth parents blogs, I have seen alot of positive and alot of anger from people who have experienced alot of hurt and pain from their experience and bitterness that breaks my heart. Don't be discouraged. This little one will grow up to see your heart and love and also the love of her birth mom. Thank you for sharing this blog

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

{{HUGS}} I know how the comments feel...Keep your head up and love that baby girl because in the end thats all that matters!!

Shannon said...

I love your response and Im sorry that someone feels the need to try to taint the great things going on in your life.

Can you not allow anonymous comments? I think I changed that setting once, after I got a few negative comments on my blog. Might be something to think about.

Hope you and your baby are doing good, love to read updates and see pictures!

Janna said...

Your response to this troubled soul is fantastic! I hope they can find hope and peace through your words that may soften their hearts towards adoption. Adoption IS a wonderful thing, and it has been an answered prayer for MANY couples. Thank you, Lord for the blessing of adoption!! And thank you for H and the witness she is to all who read her blog!!

jessica56 said...

WOW! It is just unbelievable that someone would look at how you built your family and not be in total and complete awe like myself! I am so inspired by your blog and the happiness that has come to you through your daughter. Thank you for your post- for your honesty!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Maybe this "SOMEONE" should read my blog -- we are the parents of a beautiful little boy who is here because there were people like us willing to adopt him. He has a fantastic birth mother who just wasn't ready to be a mom yet. Anyone who posts anonymously does so for a reason -- how amazingly rude. Please disregard.

On a side note, I have decided to make my blog private during the next year ... I understand.

Anonymous said...

Your blog has given my husband and me hope as we wait for the day when we "match" with our own little girl and your witness to God's will for you and your family has been a reminder to us to look to Him for hope and praise during this time. I love reading your posts and would love to continue following your blog if you go private (alysonandjason@gmail.com). Your videos of "Faith" always brighten my day. Blessings to you!

Michelle said...

How terrible. People just stink.
I have to say I just found your blog, and it has opened my eyes a bit to adoption. I know not everyone's experience is as quick as yours.. but somehow today, my heart feels different & more open about adoption. Thank you and God Bless your beautiful baby girl.

Allie said...

Thank God! We shouldn't let these bearers of bad tidings force people to go private. If it weren't for the blogs I read at the beginning of my own path, I wouldn't be as informed as I am. We bloggers NEED to stay open, online, and public!!

Well handled!

Allie

twondra said...

I'm so sorry. I've had a few of them and I've taken the anonymous option out and that's all it took. :) It's so very hard, though. :( (((HUGS)))

Jennifer Fink said...

I'm so sorry you had to deal with that.

Meant to be a mom said...

I am so sorry to hear that someone would go to the trouble of trying to upset you and tell you things like they apperantely did. I agree 100 percent that adoptive parents are your real parents. I will pray for you blog as well and for the person who is obviously so terribly lost on what parenthood is and what adoption is all about. Its a beautiful gift for you and for your sweet little Faith. That person needs to keep there rude, unhappy comments to themselves. They have obviously been steered in the wrong direction and need some guidence. I hope they will leave you alone. You don't deserve those types of messages. I'm sorry you even had to see that.

Your strength in God will get you through. Don't let this person bring you down.

Dianne said...

Wow, great response!!!!!

Nikki Hootman said...

Wow, fantastic response. Remember that the brighter your light shines, the harder evil will seek to stamp it out... Satan can't stand to see us so happy and joyful in God's plan for our lives! You guys are such a beautiful example of God's love that it's not surprising you've got people who want to stop that. Don't let them! :)

And adoption is such a Biblical concept too - all believers are adopted into Christ's family.

Ephesians 1:5-6 - In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves.

sweetpeanme said...

You responded beautifully to what sounded like a completely idiotic comment...some people must be pretty miserable to say stuff like that...and you are right in saying they need our prayers.

B MoM said...

here here! I commend your post. I feel sorry for "anonymous" and those kinds of people are really out there to make others miserable b/c they are so miserable themselves. Try not to let that comment get to you...but if you do decide to go private (which I also understand and will probably do so too once the baby arrives), I hope you include us bloggy friends. =)

Mazzy said...

I started getting some pretty nasty anonymous comments before I decided to stop blogging. It is sad that there are people out there that are so sad they take it out on perfectly nice strangers. Good for you for hanging in there. I think you are pretty fanastic.
*hugs*

HappyAutisticMama said...

I'm so sorry for what you went through. I got some anonymous crap a few months ago. I changed my settings to no long accept anonymous comments. You are so right, they don't stand behind the convictions of their words, so why bother even hearing what they have to say? Thank you for remaining public. I love your positive attitude! Nikki is right, the devil hates your positive attitude and wants to stamp it out. Keep praying and sharing your love!

Bon said...

Honey, I'm sorry people are idiots. I'm glad you didn't take it personally. I have gotten those same comments. It still hurts today that I got a comment "Please don't adopt" a while back when we were first considering it. A while later I got another comment which listed reasons why we shouldn't adopt. It made me cry it really hurt my feelings. I'm glad in a way that I'm not the only one. I guess this is something consistent on the internet so at least I know people seek out others to assult.

Don't go private. I think your story needs shared and it can't be if you go private from new readers. So many need to read your story to see how God lead you to your daughter.

(((hugs))))

Shelly said...

I don't think i've ever commented on your blog before but I Love to read about your family and life. I just wanted to tell you how incredibly happy I am for you and to Please don't let people like "Anonymous" bother you. there are some people that are so unhappy in their own lives that they want to make others as unhappy as they are.
Pray for them and enjoy your beautiful baby. HUGS

Blog Widget by LinkWithin