Friday, May 7, 2010

Faith



I have always wanted to share our daughters real name on our blog. I honestly don't know why I haven't. I was going to save it for her finalization and do a big name reveal but Kelly's Korner is hosting a SOYL Baby Names and I Love Kelly and I love her blog and Show Us Your Life Fridays soooo...without further adieu our baby girls real name is...( without the dots in the middle of course )

W.inter F.aith

Or as she is more commonly known to us and our family

Winni

Don't you just LOVE IT?!?! I know I know its weird and different but we LOVE it! Winter was a name we had long talked about because we loved Winni and wanted a longer version of it so we chose Win.ter!

In the hospital the night Winni was born we had previously of course talked about the name Wi.nter but actually naming her Win.ter was kinda a big move. What would people think, how would they react? We weren't really sure so we tossed out some other names on the car ride to the hospital. We liked Naomi but I  had a cousin born 2 days earlier named Naomi. We also liked Cambria but that wasn't really right either. For a couple hours we actually did choose the name Naomi. We loved it, still do. But overnight as I was holding this precious baby I just looked at her and saw the baby girl I had always dreamed of. The baby girl named Winni. And so when my hubby awoke from his midnight power nap I told him " I think we should stick with Wi.nter" And so it was W.inter F.aith was born!

The middle name Faith ( which is how you all know her) was chosen because we knew we wanted a name that represented her journey, our journey, a journey of hope and Faith. And her middle name was between Hope and Faith. Ultimatley we liked the way Faith sounded but our next little girl will have a middle name of Hope!

So how the name Winter you ask? Well if your celebrity obsessed like me you will recognize the name from Nicole Richie little girl " Harlow Winter Kate Madden" I loved the whole name its so beautiful and unique yet not ridiculous.

That's the short reason. Another reason I liked Winter was because being childless during the winter months seemed to be extra hard. During winter is a lot of holidays, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and all those days your heart yearns extra badly to be a mother. So it was always a prayer of mine when we signed up with our agency that we would have a baby by winter. God answered by prayer in the fall but none the less Wint.er stuck.

The spelling Winni ( no "e") was an accident. After uploading some pictures online the computer didn't show us her whole name it only showed Winni without the "e" so we saw it, liked it, and it stuck. Plus it kept it slightly different from Winnie.the.Pooh.

Nicknames:
Winni ( this is the most common)
Wingy ( this is what we call her when she is being booger. Its like gingivitis but we call her Wingivitis which then gets turned into Wingy)
Bug or Buggy

We figure if she grows up and hates her name she can always use her middle name but honestly we hope she loves it! We hope she loves that its unique and special to her and her alone.

As for future children...well for a boy we definitley want the name Jack. It was my dad's dad whose plane was shot down in the Korean War. My dad never really got to know him because he was only 2 when he passed away so it would be our honor to name our son Jack!

And our girl, besides the middle name being Hope were not to sure. We, ok I, change my mind everyday. So I guess I will have to get checking out all the other blogs on Kelly's Korner to get some ideas ;)

14 comments:

J said...

I love her real name! Winter is an adorable name and very fitting which I find surprising because she has been Faith for so long but Winter actually suits her even better!

Carie said...

Winter is not ridiculous at all. I babysat a precious angel named Wynter who has grown into a wonderful teenager! I think it's a beautiful name for beautiful girls!

Beth McC. said...

What a fun post! I love your name picks! Your blog is to cute! Hope you have a great weekend!

Perkins/Cox Family said...

It's wonderful that you have really thought about the names and want some meaning behind them! Names like that are always fun so when those people come up and ask why they are named that then they can explain with such a wonderful story! :)

Shannon said...

This was a great post!! Loved hearing how you decided on Winters name, so perfect!!
Its interesting bc if we have a girl this time her middle name is going to be hope, and if we ever have another girl her middle name will be faith:-)

Birdie said...

Winni...how precious!!

Meant to be a mom said...

I think its a gorgeous name. I love it!

Elaine said...

Beautiful name! I know a little girl named Wynter (and that is how they spell it!).

Jenn and Joe said...

I saw Winni back on her easter card, in the pictures you posted, and wondered if that was her name. It is very cute! Winter is even better. It's a very nice name.

Brooke said...

Her name is definitely unique and I LOVE it! She is such a precious little girl.

Melissa said...

I absolutely love her name!! Such a precious name for a precious girl!

B MoM said...

Love the name! Very unique and beautiful. i remember you had called her Winni on one of your earlier blogs about her, but now we know what it was short for. p.s., DH and I have the exact same book on marriage that Faith is playing with in the picture. We love it. We take turns reading to each other one page from it every week. Then ideally, we try to reflect on what the topic was and discuss it with each other.

Mazzy said...

I love her name. Very unique and pretty, too. I am all about unique names! We also picked something very off-the-beaten-path and though I sometimes get eye raises, I don't care. The joy of being a parent is getting to do it ALL your own way!!

S and J said...

I am a new reader to your blog and just came across this post... I love her name, My hubby and I are new clients at A.H. and we have chosen Hope or Faith as a middle name as well for the same reasons. It's such a blessing that the Lord is giving us. Congratulations on your beautiful daughter :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin