Monday, July 26, 2010

4th of July

I know I know its almost the 4th of August but in case you haven't heard life has been slightly insane this past month! Regardless of  how late I wanted to share about our wonderful 4th of July!

Well it was our first holiday as Faith being " officially forever" and so that made it extra special! Plus the 4th is in a tie with Thanksgiving as my favrite holiday! I absolutely LOVE fireworks and the laid back enjoyment of the 4th of July. No gifts, no fancy meals, just picnics, BBQ's, hot dogs, hamburgers and loved ones! Its the perfect day in my book!

Plus Hubby was home in California for the 4th because of finalization so that also made the day extra special!

We spent the morning at the local street fair. Faith had her first bus ride since we took the shuttle over to avoid the chaos of trying to park and I think she really liked it!



We had a great time just walking around checking out all the vendors and enjoying a beautiful day together! My dad also came with us so it was wonderful to have Faith's Grandpa with us too! I have to say its also nice to have someone with us because we never get any family pictures of the 3 of us but on this day we were lucky to get a few!





Something really special that we did also was visit a store called " Things From Heaven". Its a store in the downtown area that is all angels. They have angel everything! Also in the store they have a section in the back where they have post it notes and a prayer wall. A little over a year ago Hubby and I went into this store and wrote a post it note as a prayer for our baby to come to us in God's timing. A couple months later Faith was placed in our arms. I don't believe in " the prayer wall" but I believe in prayer and that God heard our prayer and so we took Faith back into the store where we had prayed for her through a post it note. It was an awesome moment just thinking how great our God is! You can also check out more on their website here.



After the street fair we went home for some naps and relaxation before headint to the high school to watch the fireworks.

We had such a great time at the HS! One of my closest friends and her family also came along with Hubby, my dad and of course our little princess! Faith did so wonderful and was being so silly we got some really great pictures of her!







It was also pretty cold that night so she was bundled in so many layers! She looks so adorable! She had on long pants with footies plus a onesie plus her fleece pajamas plus a sweater and plus a hat!





Daddy was getting lots of laughs from Faith!




As it got later she got a little restless but honestly for being up 2 hours past her bedtime she did awesome and the second the fireworks started she was in awe! She totally takes after me in her love of fireworks! It was such a beautiful moment with my husband by my side, our daughter in my lap looking up at the fireworks. It truly was a dream come true!



5 comments:

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

Awww:) I just love your lil family!!!

~JLL~ said...

Beautiful family!!!!

Dianne said...

Great Pictures. That is truely wonderful about the "being forever yours" milestone. I can only imagine the joy that you felt.

Congrats!!!

Deb said...

Amazing pictures! So glad you had a good weekend celebrating.
The last picture just says it all, complete peace and contentment.
The angel store sounds amazing. What a unique part in Faith's story.

Melinda said...

You guys are the cutest family I know! Seriously! I love that prayer wall...how special to your family. And what a neat story to tell little Faith about!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin