Thursday, September 23, 2010

california

So Faith and I continue to be out here in California and I have to admit...I dread going back to Texas ;( Besides missing my husband like crazy, missing his voice, his kiss, his everything...I love being back in California. It truly is home.

I am so sad I didn't see all I had in California before. Unfortunatley I had to move 1500 miles away to realize how great I really had it out here. From the weather to my family, life out here wasn't as "bad" as I always perceived it to be.

In California is my mom, dad and step dad. Along with Aunt, Uncle, step sister and my absolutely amazing friends that are my family and are Aunties to Faith. My first day out here one of my best friend was already planning a park play date with our kiddies. The second I saw her it just felt like home again. Then I spent an afternoon with my best friend T and as her mom and little sister came home and I was sitting on their couch again it just felt like home. Then my dear friend S made us albums of Faith's first year! I mean over 700 pictures perfectly organized, framed, labeled in albums. It was the most thoughtful gift I've ever received. (Although I could probably say that about every gift she has ever gotten for me.) Then my friend A made Faith this beautiful towel with her name on it...You don't meet these kind of friends every day and I'm sorry I didn't realize that sooner. And having my family back! Faith has her Grandma, Grandpa and her Papa. She has so much family out here who just love on her life crazy and I see how happy it makes her and I am so sorry we took her away from that.

But anyways it is what it is for now. I am savoring every second I have out here with my family and friends and I know that the Lord has something amazing planned for us wherever it may be so in the mean time I will just focus on Him and His plan for our future. (And I do mean that!)

So what have we been doing in California? Well LOTS of visiting! And the first reason we came was my best friend E was getting married and I was in the bridal party! It was a beautiful wedding not just because of the flowers and all that but because E & C are truly in love! It was so fun watching his face as his bride walked toward him! Definitley one of those moments you don't forget!

So after the wedding on the 18th we have visited friends over and over and now we are getting ready to have another birthday party for Faith on Sunday! I'm trying to be crafty and stuff but dang I certainly wasn't given the crafty gene by any means :) I'll take pictures and you can see for yourself. Oh well at least I get an "A" for effort :)

I'm having trouble uploading pictures but I hope to have some pictures to post tomorrow about what all we have been up to out here in perfect weather California!

Bye for now!

1 comment:

Meant to be a mom said...

I'm so glad to hear your trip back to Cali was so nice. I'm sad though to hear that your still struggling with adjusting to Texas. I know it seems horrible right now but I have a feeling that you will be back with your family. It just might take a little time. That saying "even miracles take a little time". It can go for baby's, moving, anything you want and I feel like if that is where you are the happiest you will be back there again.

I'm excited to see pics of your vacation if you can get them to load up. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin