OK actually Christmas was in December but seeing that its January 11th and I have yet to post about our Christmas I figured it was kind of like having a Christmas in January :)
So Christmas time!
Christmas was wonderful! No other way to put it! Faith was an absolute doll and I couldn't believe it was already our second Christmas with her. This year was MUCH different than the last that's for sure but I can't help but to just look at her and feel so blessed and thankful!
We started off Christmas week by visiting Santa Clause. I was so happy that we were in California to see Santa because we got to go to the same place we did last year and see the same Santa! There was just something special to me about that and I hope we get to see him every year from here on out as well!
Last year of course Faith was not afraid although she took a better liking to Mrs. Clause.
So I thought this year if she sat with Mrs. Clause she wouldn't be quite so scared...
Yeah I was wrong about that one :)
So any who the whole Santa visit pretty much went exactly how I thought it would and you can bet we will be back again next year! Hopefully without the massive break down BUT either way were making some great memories!
Growing up and having divorced parents we always did Christmas Eve at my Mom's house and the Christmas morning with my Dad and then Christmas afternoon at my Aunts. Our family has come along way since then and we now all get together on Christmas Eve at my Mom's house and then again Christmas morning ( early afternoon) at my Aunts house.
Christmas Eve went as planned and we celebrated and opened all out gifts at my Mom and step Dad's house. They made a delicious meal of all the fixin's and we took our annual picture by the tree.
This was last year
And this years!
We really cut back on the gifts this year like BIGTIME and I'd be perfectly fine if we cut back to no gifts whatsoever but my mom doesn't really like that idea. But of course it was all about Faith this year :)
She got lots and lots of clothes in 18 months and up which she soooo needed!
It was actually funny the first like 3 boxes she opened were clothes and one box she opened and put the lid back on! It was pretty funny ( although in 3 years will be totally unacceptable :)
And what toddler's Christmas would be complete without lots of toys
Remote control fire truck which scares the crap out of her
Baby doll #2
We requested kitchen play items because Mommy and Daddy got Faith a play kitchen for Christmas
More play food
Puzzles
And a Dora tent which she absolutely loved and immediately jumped right in. She must have gone thru the tunnel a 1000 times that night!
Faith also got a rocking horse from Grandpa which we purchased once we got back to TX. Might I add by buying it after Christmas we got a $70 rocking horse for $32 thank you very much! Here's a video of her reaction when she first saw it!
And for the record my husband said " buckin bronco" although it may not sound like it ! LOL!
Faith was so serious opening all her gifts it cracked me up! She wasn't all smiley ( which I am hoping for next year!) she was just focused on making sure every piece of paper was off the box and completely in the gift opening zone!
It was a wonderful Christmas but I have to say the photo of the night was this one...
Faith's current thing is smelling her feet and telling her how stinky they are and this picture is just too funny as it looks like she is ninja kicking her Auntie *C*
Christmas Day sadly we didn't make it to my Aunt's house as she was feeling under the weather so it was just like any other day except with a whole lot of new toys to play with!
* P.S. I added to my tab button on " Why Divine Detours" so go ahead and click on it and check it out*










3 comments:
LOL Oh my! That last picture just cracks me up! She is a riot!
Winni is too cute. How much of her day is she rockin on that horse? Where did u buy it at? I bet my niece would love that...
Hi there. Just found your blog. Your little girl, Faith is adorable!
Post a Comment