Monday, January 24, 2011

Somewhere Out There

I've always had a liking to Fievel Goes West back when I was a little girl. I instantly fell in love with the song " Somewhere Out There" something about that sweet little mouse voice just made my heart feel so deeply...





This weekend was pretty rough. Even with Greg home Faith wanted nothing to do with him. So I have pretty much had a 23 lbs little person stuck to my leg the past several weeks. There have literally been moments where she physically had to be cheek to cheek with me or she was crying. It honestly melted my heart and there were moments I just took her in. I breathed in her sweet baby smell and just savored the moment as long as I possibly could. But there were also moments Mommy wasn't feeling to good and also needed just 5 minutes alone, a bath, a trip to the bathroom something.

It was also just a weekend missing home so deeply and an aching heart missing my mom and dad and family and friends and the life we had in Southern California.

But last night as I laid my head down to sleep I couldn't help but think how big our God is. 17 months ago around this very time 2 girls were given our family profile. We had no idea whatsoever what God was planning for us. But somewhere out there 2 girls were searching for us. For a Mommy and a Daddy to raise the baby they were about to give birth to. And its amazing for me to think of those moments. Moments I was probably riddled with fear and anxiety and yet God was already working. Moments I cried and maybe at those exact moments my heart was crying for our baby they were looking at our profile wondering if we were the right choice.

And we all know how that story turned out ;)


Often times its the only thing that gets me through the day. Knowing that somewhere out there God is lining up all the rights things. The right people and the right places to take us exactly where He wants us to be.

Its hard waiting. Rather its for a baby or for a move or even a email back from someone waiting is never easy.

But sometimes we just have to believe that God is at work and somewhere out there its all coming together perfectly.

1 comment:

Meant to be a mom said...

That song makes me want to cry. Its so sad and sweet.

I agree with you about God being big and having patience. I feel like God will bring you back to a place you want to be soon. It may feel like forever while you wait for it but it will happen.

I'm thinking of you girl, I hope you have a great week. Prayers are with you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin