Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Job

So I've been getting lots of questions about how our move to California all went down!

Well back in May when Faith and I were in California on a visit , the Hubby and I had decided that we needed to make some serious decisions about moving home ( jobless) or staying in Texas. While staying in Texas certainly wasn't our first choice we decided that we were going to surrender to life in Texas. Not necessarily forever but at least somewhat long term and at the very least for the time being.

You see our whole year in Texas we were just kind of putting off life waiting to move back to California. The main thing we put off was moving forward with adoption #2 so we knew we couldn't continue to live our life in limbo hoping for some miracle that would bring us back to California. So we made the incredibley hard decision to stay in Texas and surrender to whatever the Lord wanted to do in our lives in Texas.

During this time Hubby was still communicating with a company out in California and they in fact even asked him about flying him out for an interview. I told him just to tell them that we had decided to stay in Texas for the time being. I was just over trying and knocking on door after door after door only to get it slammed in our face.

We jumped in full force to the idea of staying in Texas. Talked about home buying, starting adoption #2 immediatley and I was ever so slightly getting my head wrapped around the idea that our life would be in Texas for a while. The idea actually sounded good at times....until I got back to Texas that is. When Faith and I got home in late May my heart immediatley dropped. It was so broken again, so sad and so empty. 

Thankfully Hubby did not tell California Company ( Here on referred to as Electricity) no but instead was flying out there for an interview the last weekend in May.

For 2 weeks we waited. We heard nothing, day after day, knowing that it truley was our last shot ( for a while at least) of moving back to California.

Finally on Monday June 13th, one year to the day that Hubby started at his current company, Hubby got the email that took the weight of the world off his shoulders and immediatley pieced by heart back together.

Dear Hubby,

We know you and your family have been patiently waiting for news from us in regards to your employment here at Electricity. We wanted to email you and let you know that we have decided to move forward in hiring you for said position. Congratulations and welcome to the team.

Sincerely,
Guy from Electricity

All I could do was cry tears of joy. It felt like I won the lotto. Literally it felt that good.

From there its all happened so fast. Hubby will be starting his new position July 5th meaning we had apporximatley 2 weeks to get everything in order for another cross country move. This time though I haven't complained once. I haven't been overwhelmed, stress or anxious. How can I when the Lord has granted the deep desire of my heart?!? We are about 80% packed up ( I think more, Hubby thinks less) and honestly even though we have to wait to move til next weekend I am ready to move this weekend!

Saturday the 25th my mom flies in
Monday the 27th Faith has her last doctors appointment here in Texas
Tuesday the 28th we pick up the moving truck
Wednesday the 29th my Mom and Faith will fly back to California
Friday the 1st Hubby and I will be driving back to California
Saturday the 2nd we will be arriving in California for good!!!

As you can see its a whirl wind of a week but I wouldn't have it any other way!

I have gotten so many emails and comments congratulating us and that y'all have been praying for us! I couldn't thank you any more! I am so incrdibly thankful for God giving us this chance to do things right. To go back to the same old place yet as brand new people, completely and wholly changed by our year out here in Texas!

10 days and we will finally be

HOME SWEET HOME!

Home Sweet Home!

7 comments:

S and J said...

woo hoo!!!!

Faith said...

Yay! So happy for you hun:)!

Mandy Jo said...

I am so happy for you guys!!!!!!!

Deb said...

So wonderful reading this. And so glad this move is an easy and desired one.
It's funny as content as I have really been here it really took me a year to be happy to be here, and it took my hubby finally realizing that this could indeed be home. So we're here for awhile.

Meant to be a mom said...

Congrats Heather, I know how badly you are missing being close to friends and family. I'm so happy for you guys :)

One Blessed Momma! said...

Yay!!!

Anonymous said...

thats awesome!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin