Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Moving Home Part 1

Our expirience moving home was quite ... insane! Honestly it was one of those moments we just kept looking at each other saying " NEVER AGAIN"

Just wanted to document our expirience so that when we decide to move again we can look back on these post and remember why we will never be doing that again! Well... at least not for the next 5 years or so :)

Well I will start with the arrival of my mom on Saturday the 25th. Mom arrived close to midnight and unfortunatley because our home was full of boxes and chaos didn't have the best sleeping arrangements ( a.k.a. the couch). Once my mom got there though she was ready to go packing and helping us out with everything. We can both honestly say there is no was we could have made this move with out her!

Packing is a funny thing its like the second you think you are getting close to done you find another drawer you forgot to empty of another closest you forgot to unload. I kept thinking " Oh we are like 90% done" but then some how we would find more stuff, more things and I felt like the packing pile was never going to end.

We had the moving truck on Tuesday. Well the original place we were suppose to pick it from didn't have it so they sent us to another place to get it. So we arrived a little before 2pm our scheduled pick up time and because of the change in pick up locations it wasn't ready. I dont think we got out of there til around 345pm or so and mind you we have the movers coming at 4pm and Hubby had to  get back to work. Add to that it was over 100 degrees outside and the inside of the pick up location wasn't air conditioned and it made for a very long afternoon.

So about 15 minutes before the movers arrived we got our beast of a truck ( 16 feet plus tow dolly) home. Then the 2 moving guys ( who our found only hours early on craiglist) arrived. Not gonna lie I judged a book by its cover. When I saw their physical appearence I was rather worried. The one guy looked like he could handle the job but his partner ( who also happened to be his older, over weight father ) didn't quite look like he could handle it and again did I mentioned the heat? I was worried this poo guy, wearing pants mind you, was not going to be able to handle much. Well paise the Lord they were amazing! Not only did they do a fantastic job and filled that truck like a master game of Tetris but they did it all with a smile and kind heart! I def ate my words ( well my thoughts) on their capability of doing the job! We had entertained the idea of not even hiring movers and doing it all ourselves but I am so thankful we did as it took the 2 of them plus some occasional help from my mom and I over 4 hours to get it all done and loaded in the truck. Its amazing how much stuff we accumuulated in the course of a year!

So anyways we got the truck about 90% loaded and were just saving some space for the last second stuff and the bed. We figured if we were spending 20 hours driving on the road we needed to get a good night sleep so we didn't pack the bed until the morning we left.

All the above was on Tuesday. Then Wednesday Mom and I loaded even more stuff into the truck before her flight left. Then we headed to the airport. The main reason my mom came out was not to help us pack but to fly back to California with Faith because she couldn't drive in the moving truck with us. So I took my Mom and Faith to th airport. I gotta be honest and tell you it was sooo hard! Faith has flown with Grandma before but taking them to the airport myself and walking them to the gate made it so hard to know my baby was getting on a plane without me!

We took one more last " Texas" picture


Last picture of Faith in Texas!

and an hour after their original departure time off they went! Proud to say the flight went flawless even though it was far past her bed time my mom said Faith did wonderful! Honestly I am so proud of my girl! She just never ceases to amaze me at how wonderful she is!

Thursday was spent still doing some of those last minute packing things and also some pure relatxation for me! I had the day off from mommyhood and decided to just relax a little and prepare for the days ahead. I even got a pedicure which was heavenly! Thursday night was spent packing more things into the truck ( which again was somehow unending) and close to midnight we fell fast asleep!

Part 2 Coming Soon

1 comment:

Faith said...

Uggghh, I just moved, and it was only 5 minutes away - but this post brings back so many bad memories from that move (trying to juggle 2 babies) and my cross country move, which was also insane. I. HATE. Moving. Period. I'm so glad you got to go home, though! If we ever get back home to MI, I will say the same thing - Never again!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin