Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Winni's Birthday!

*** I have mentioned my daughter's name here before but have still continued using the name Faith on my blog. After using the name Faith for almost 2 years now we have come to a place I am not scared of using her "real" nickname on here. So to clarify any confusion Faith is Winni...Winni is Faith and she is my daughter :) ***

Yes yes I know her birthday was about 11 days ago but cut me some slack I am a new mommy to two who just moved into our new home 2 weeks before the arrival of my sweet Ty :)

But now I can finally share the wonderfulness of my daughter's second birthday!

Well in a word WONDERFUL! We had two parties one for family one for friends and both were just wonderful and exactly as I hoped them to be!

On September 4th Winni's actual birthday we had a big BBQ at my Mom's house. My mom has the best backyard as yor may recall from baby shower pictures and stuff so we decided to do a  yummy BBQ with tri tips and beans and bread and it was so yummy! We themed the party Mickey Mouse ( because that is her current love) and kept it simple! ( 2 hours of sleep a night doesn't make for a crafty mama!) I did try my best to have a few personal touches for my girl though.

Spinach Dip by Stacy

The little sign says " Mouse-Ka-Tools" You will get that if you watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse :)

Mickey Mouse Cookies


The Yummiest Cake ever even though I can't take credit for it

Winni just had thee best time at her party! I worried about details, not enough decoration or food yet watching her smile and laugh I knew none of that mattered and she was indeed having the best birthday ever!

We even finally got out first family of four picture!




Not the best but it will do and it is officially  the first !

I had so many favorites of the day! From Winni's smile as everyone sang Happy Birthday to her, to her openning gifts while similataneously being polite and thanking everybody yet still saying " More more" after every gift she openned :) I loved watching her do her little strut ( video coming tomorrow on that) and the way she soaked up all the love and attention given to her. She is so blessed and so loved and she has blessed us more than we could ever imagine.

As I  mentioned one of my favorite moments was watching Winni as everyone sang to her.


I mean how absolute genuine is this smile! She wasn't embarrassed or anything just the biggest sweetest wholesome smile!


First person to guess whats wrong with this picture above wins a prize! ( Not really but I'll give you a big congrats!)




The other cute part is that my step sister's birthday was a couple weeks before Winni's so Winni kinda understood and knew what was going on and even had practiced singing happy birthday. Or as she calls it " appy bur-day"

Then of course after a great song and a great lookin cake we had to see how it tasted!




My other favorite part of Winni's party was her openning her gifts. Of course after every present was openned she would say " Open open" like to open the toy. Then we would have her say thank you and most the time she could find the person and say thank you but sometime she would look at totally the wrong person and be like " Thank you" even though she knew who everyone was, it was too cute! Then of course after each one she would say " More, more" Oh boy how a child can humble you fast ! But all in all she was very sweet and very grateful. She got so many wonderful things we actually put away numerous toys to pull out over time so she didn't get new toy over load all at once.  





This card sang her favorite song to her and she kept openning it over and over and over and over again. She absolutely loved it and still likes to open it oer and over and over again :)

It was honestly the perfect day! Surronded by family and friends and those who love us and love Winni made for the perfect way to celebrate my sweet girl turning two!



Who could ask for more?


5 comments:

Maya's Musings said...

Is it the number "1" candle, when she is turning 2!! I love your blog, love your family, they are just precious!!!

Faith said...

Awwww man, I liked that she and I had the same name, even thought it was fake, lol! She is too, too cute - and the party looked pretty darn crafty to me for a tired momma of 2!!! Love it! That family picture is great - looks like our first family pictures after each baby - just hurry up and snap it before a baby melts down, lol!

All in His Perfect Timing said...

What a great birthday party you gave her! Winni's a doll! So glad to know her "real" name. Its cute (and I also liked the name Faith too.:))

Ali said...

She's so precious!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy 2nd birthday! I listened to the video and thought I heard a different name but thought oh I guess I must be hearing things-haha! Glad to know her real name.

Such a cute fun party! You have a precious family

Blog Widget by LinkWithin