We have been super blessed with great sleepers. Each in their own way but both our babies are amazing sleepers!
First we had Winni. She didn't fully sleep through the night til she was 9 months old but from about 4-9 months she would wake up once , take a bottle, and go right back down.
Then when she was about 16 months old til very recently my sweet girl would sleep it til at least 8am but usually 9am. It was awesome.
Even when Tyson came home and was up at night nothing disturbed her and she was still sleeping in late which was nice when Ty would wake up super early it gave me time with him in the morning before she woke up and he was also usually down to nap before Winni got up. So once she got up I had some alone time with her as well.
Tyson was a pretty great sleeper early on. Sure the first 8 weeks we pretty much survived off of no sleep at all and the first 16 weeks he was pretty colicky but by 3 months old he was sleeping through the night. I know sleeping through the night is relative, some people say 6 straight hours, some say 8, well this little guys was sleeping from 7pm-7am. 12 hours through the night, it....was....awesome!
And ever since our little guy has been sleeping though the night. We anticipated certain times of trouble like weening him from the swaddle, teething etc but quite frankly he hasn't had any major isues with these changes and he's doing great!
Well back up two weeks ago and things have changed. Tyson is still doing great but Winni has decided her schedule is changing....she is still going down anytime between 8pm and 9pm depending on when and how long she napped but no matter what time she has been going to bed or napping she has been waking up early. Anywhere between 6am and 730am. Now I know some of you that is not a big deal but being a mama who was used to 8am-9am its been a big change. And the scary part is it seems to keep getting more and more early as the days go by.
Greg thinks its because of the longer days, I thought maybe it was the light in her room. We;ve had lots of theories and some very good advice ( goodnight light has been highly recommended to us ) but at the end of the day I think our schedules are just changing.
Our new morning routine consist of Winni waking between 6 and 7 and coming into our room and hoping in our bed. I know right there BAM that's the problem but if that is th eproblem ( which I fully believe it is) I am OK with it! She doesn't sleep in our bed she just comes in to snuggle and watch some TV before we wake up and start our day. And ya know what as tired as I am and as much as I miss sleeping in til 9am I LOVE IT. I love that incredibly special time with my little girl. She snuggles up close with me as she drinks her milk and many days she looks right into my soul and says " Mama I love cuddling with you in bed, your my best friend in the whole world" Its our special time together, before the chaos of the day, the chores, the errands the everything its time I just get to hold her and love her and feel her heart beat and hear her every little breathe.
Life is changing so fast and lately my two little loves have each been pulling at me in opposite directions. Each needs me intensly in different ways and its hard for me to feel like I am giving each of them what they need so being able to have this special time with my first born in the morning.
Sleeping schedules are changing, life is changing and even though its sometimes earlier and faster than I may wish I am so thankful for these amazing moments I get to share with my little loves.








3 comments:
I love your outlook on things that most moms complain about (including me lately).
I worry about my 2 doing this to me. They get up around 8 (but the last couple of days it has been between 6:30 and 7). I am hoping and praying it is just a phase! Your quiet moments in the morning with your first miracle sound so precious. I love it! I bet SHE loves it too - she may even wake up early just to get it:). I am like you, I'd be all for it, too! Enjoy it! Each phase just flies by.
That's not a problem; that's a precious moment! Life (and parenthood) is nothing if not constant change, and I've found that embracing it (even reluctantly) is a lot more fun than kicking and screaming.
Post a Comment