Sunday, June 10, 2012

Tyson's Officially Forever Day

May 18th 2012 Tys.on Jam.es officially and forever became a part of our family!

Its been almost a month and I am just sitting down to blog about it . It was of course simply stated, incredible.

We were surronded by those most special to us. Family, friends and Tyson's birthmom.

Yup you read that right, his birthmom came to watch him forever be sworn to be a part of our family. Those words alone are huge and bring me to tears just thinking about the strength it took her to be there. 

I might even have to seperate the post to write about her being there so I'll dedicate this post to the day and all the other details :)

Started off the day heading to my mom's to set up for the party. The goal was to get the party ready to go and then after finalization go back to my mom's and party the night away! As organized as I felt and as early as I started ( with the help of friends and family of course) we still ended up running kinda late to court and didn't get all the pictures at court I had hoped for but what can ya do?

We arrived to our friends and family waiting for us and Ty's birthmom ( who for the sake of this blog we will call Bella meaning beautiful ) had called that she was still about 20 minutes away but I knew of course we had to wait for her. After all she went through so much to make sure to be there that no way would I let 20 minutes let her miss this. Thankfully we are long time family friends with the Judge so we were able to wait.

Winni taking a picture of someone taking her picture " Say Cheese"


Once Bella got there we started and it all of course happened so fast. We sat in the middle surronded by our family and friends and the Judge was wonderful just as he was with Winni's adoption, made us all laugh and smile and feel the amazingness of the day ! We had a giant drumroll and Tyson was declared officially and forever our sweet baby boy!

We brought the oh so wonderful puffs because Ty is such a little squirmy guy we knew feeding him would be the only was he would hold still :)


Our family


 
Best part of the ceremony was the judge having Winni sign the papers with us to forever accept Tyson as her brother. It was so beautiful! Funny part I was a little scared when the Judge handed her a pen because the girl LOVES to draw. Like give her a pen or pencil and you won't get it back. But somehow her sweet little self knew the importance of the day signed her " signature" and promptly handed the pen back to the Judge.


We took some pictures after in the courtroom but again not near as many as I would have liked. Mainly because I was SOOOOOO HOT! I don't know if I was nervous because Bella was there and we didn't even have a chance to chat before court started or because it was just 1000 degrees in there but all I knew was I needed to get outside! LOL! Kinda bummed my dislike for hot places and spaces made me rush things but it is what it is now. Funny part too we didn't even get a good picture of the 4 of us! Oye vey after court was certainly a little crazy trying to get group shots and stuff so I kinda just gave up and went outside.

Quite possibly the best picture of the 3 of us, don't even ask for one of the 4 of us...remember she's 2 :)


Oh wait this one is semi decent too. We're not actually looking at the camera or anything but ya no Tyson is and he's the good looking one anyways !



While Greg did all the paper work this time around I got to finally sit down and talk with Bella. It was awesome. I wish I could remember it all but I can't and even if I could I wouldn't share its such a special part of Tyson's story and his special day.

First time getting to see her and hug her and Tyson getting to be in her arms


This is Greg's traditional " Woo-Hoo" picture! Winni's adoption July 2, 2010 on top and Tyson's on the bottom!


Then after ALL the paper work was done we headed back to my mom's for the party!


 
Best thing we did was get a jolly jump! We only had about 5 little ones ( of jumpable age) and wanted to be able to entertain them as well as let their parents relax a little too and it worked out great! There may have been an adult or 2 in there. But def that is not my husband mid air in the background. He'd never do something so ridiculous :)


My friend Ericka also served as our taco lady and we had some amzing food to go with everything as well! We had this awesome little turtle fruit bowl and spinach dip and 7 layer dip and deviled eggs and  so much food it as great!



Oh yeah and we had the most amazing cupcakes by my friend Marin! Oh they were too die for! Plus my mom makes a killer carrot cake! Oh we were in food heaven that day !


And I have to give a shout out to WithEnvyParties over at Etsy! She made us the most awesome banner and was so patient with me changing my colors and background and everything! For only $10 we got this adorable print at home sign for Tyson's party and I loved it! It was exactly what I had hoped for!



We spent a lot of the party just having a great time with everyone and especially getting to spend time with Bella. We hadn't seen her since the day we left the hospital so it was nice to catch up with her and she fit in quite perfectly with everyone at the party !

Just some random pictures from the day!


A super fun idea I completely stole from a friend was a cupcake bar for the kids. Basically some plain cupcakes, brought out some frosting for the kids and sprinkles, M&M's, and what not and let  them go to town! The kids LOVED it and had so much fun. We finally had to take away the frosting because most of them just ate the frosting then went back to put more on! :)



The day was beautiful! It was a perfect day to celebrate the day this little boy officially became a part of our family. It was amazing to see how many people love him, and love us and possibly most amazing to see Bella there and watch her hold him and take him in. I realized when she said she had to go we didn't really  take to many pictures with her so we snapped some up real quick before saying goodbye...Again another story for another time. And yes my smile was  that big all day long :)


Anyways we celebrated, we had a great day and made some of the best memories...Life is good, so so good and we are so so excited that Tyson is officially and forever our son!

* Of course all the stuff over Bella's face is for her privacy. Sad I can't share her beauty with you all but believe me when I say she will take your breathe away. *

1 comment:

Deb said...

Beautiful day! I showed Isabel the pictures and she asked if I could make a turtle watermelon for her. When I said no she said we could have friends over to share it with. :-)

Glad we were there to celebrate with you and witness the beautiful relationship with Bella.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin