Saturday, August 11, 2012

My Little Girl is Home!

From July 17th through July 25th my first sweet little miracle baby girl left this mama for a whole week!

Grandma had asked me a while ago if she could take Winni to Florida with her to see all her aunts and uncles and cousins. I said no for a while and eventually reluctantly said yes. Then the weeks leading up to my Winni leaving I changed my mind and kept saying no. My heart just couldnt imagine being without her for so long!

But at the end of the day I knew Grandma was pretty excited to take Winni on this trip and I didn't have the heart to say no so on Monday I spoiled the heck outta my baby girl and Tuesday she got on an airplane for her 18th flight and flew to Florida.


I kinda hate to admit this but she had a great time! There were many cousins born in 2009, 2010 and 2011 so she had so many little friends to play with and most pictures I received she was playing in the backyard with her cousins or eating a popsicle.

 Everytime I called my mom Winni was far to busy having a great time to even want to talk to me.


My mom did say there was a time or two when she mentioned wanting to go home or wanting mommy and daddy but for the most part was incredibly wonderful and happy.



And guess what else? My little girl even came back with her ears pierced! So bummed my mom didn't get one picture of this but she said she did great and Winni loves them and showing them to every body who will listen. She has been so good at twisting them and letting mommy twist them and she looks so darn grown up with them it makes me want to cry!



And as much as my mommy heart hates to admit this I enjoyed my little break from my girl too. I got to spend an amazing 6 days just me and my little man. While Winni got all of me for 23 months Tyson has never had all of me. He has always had to share me since day one so to be able to give him my full undivided attention for 6 days was simply wonderful! He was a totally different baby and you could tell you just really enjoyed being so free and getting so much attention all for himself! Me and my little man had a wonderful time together!


BUT come Wednesday I was so excited to go get my girl! Papa watched Tyson so I could just love on Winni and my step dad pulled up and my mom and Winni weren't out at the curb yet so I ran inside to find them by the luggage and oh my heart was just so happy! Winni just kept looking at me and said " Don't cry mama, I'm home!" It was the best and within 12 hours of her being home it was as if she never left! ( Check out the earrings :)


We are undoing somethings. Of course the time change has been an adjustment and she also may have gotten away with some different things there ( um can you say coca cola in a baby bottle?!?) and other little things we are working on undoing but overall she came back so wonderful and has been amazing and I am so thankful for this little trip.

My kids are so blessed with such an amazing Grandma and I know it is a huge blessing and forever memory that Winni will have with her Grandma to take trips like this with her. I also know that I spend A LOT of time with my kids. Its a wonderful thing but I know it is so important they have time away from me as well and I was so proud that Winni was excited to go on this trip and how wonderful she did meeting so many new people while she was in Florida.

My sweet little baby girl is growing up and this mama couldn't feel more proud of her!


1 comment:

Deb said...

How did I miss those earrings!! So pretty!

The fact that she didn't miss you all much and had so much fun really speaks of the bond that she has with your mom. I love watching them together. I know it was hard with her not even wanting to stop and talk but it really is a good thing.

18th flight!!! Love our little travelers. I think Winni has flown more then Isabel at this point though.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin