Our Journey to Faith Part 3
You can read Part 1 HERE and Part 2 HERE
I should also mention that we didn't tell anyone we were going down to the hospital. I didn't really know how or what to say. Plus everyone would have been so confused seeing we just told them we were matched with a baby due in late October. So Greg and I just went.
I took a picture on my phone and sent it to everyone...
Not the ideal way I know but I think I was in disbelief and shock. Here I was in the hospital holding our daughter and all my dreams coming true , what words do you say to tell people something like that? A picture is worth a thousand words so I sent everyone a picture and the phones calls starting flooding in.

You can read Part 1 HERE and Part 2 HERE
I should also mention that we didn't tell anyone we were going down to the hospital. I didn't really know how or what to say. Plus everyone would have been so confused seeing we just told them we were matched with a baby due in late October. So Greg and I just went.
I took a picture on my phone and sent it to everyone...
Not the ideal way I know but I think I was in disbelief and shock. Here I was in the hospital holding our daughter and all my dreams coming true , what words do you say to tell people something like that? A picture is worth a thousand words so I sent everyone a picture and the phones calls starting flooding in.

We spent Friday night in the hospital and then a very LONG Saturday but for Faith it was worth it! Saturday my mom, dad, and step dad came up to meet their first grand baby. It was so nice to be surrounded by family. The whole time I had so many nerves in me I was literally making myself sick. dry heaving, throwing up, migraines you name it.


Faith was released from the hospital at 2pm Saturday. BUT her birth mother was not. Therefore it was in our best interest to wait until she was so that all papers could be signed by both parties. We waited, and waited, and waited. Finally the SW said she was 15 minutes away, almost 2 hours later she came into our room and told us birth mom had signed all the papers including waiving her 30 day period. ( In California birth mothers have 30 days to change their mind unless they sign a waiver declining those 30 days, then the consent becomes irrevocable at 5PM the next business day)
We got home to be welcomed by family and some friends who brought us food, baby items, diapers, a swing, a bouncy chair, flowers and more. I can't tell you how incredibly overwhelming it was to feel so incredibly loved by our family and friends. No words could explain that joy.


So for us 5PM the next business day meant Tuesday at 5PM. For 2 days I was on pins and needles. We had no reason to believe anything would go wrong but my heart couldn't settle until 5PM on Tuesday, praise God 5 PM came and went and at 5:20 we received a congratulations phone call from the social worker telling us that the adoption was irrevocable and she was ours!


Many of you are probably still wondering what about the NY birth mom? Well our hearts jumped at the opportunity to give Faith a sister, but our bank accounts couldn't follow. We regretfully had to decline and the birth mom in NY was beyond sweetness. She said she was happy for us and wasn't surprised at all that we were chosen by another couple. She said that for the time being she wanted her daughter to go to a family with no other children ( which in a weird way made us feel better because our hearts broke at having to turn the match down) and in the end everything is as its suppose to be.


So here we are on the 1 week birthday of our daughter and no words could explain the love and joy we feel for her. Every day is worth waking up and living just to see her precious face. Caring for her and loving her has been the biggest honor God could have ever trusted us with. There is no greater joy than that of being a wife and mother. To love two people so deep is life's greatest blessing and really no words describe how wonderful my life is this moment.
God is so good and in HIS perfect timing Faith came into our lives. For the past 9 months I have worried and cried and mourned and now those I feel guilty for not just trusting HIM all along. I know He forgives me, I know He loves me , and I know now more than ever before HE has perfectly planned all the days of my life. Every day now I wake up and live for today, the day the Lord has made, the day I have with my precious baby girl who is forever here to stay!









20 comments:
Do you just feel like you're living in a dream world??? (or a fairy tale!!!) I just cannot believe how quickly this all happened!!!
What a precious baby girl...motherhood looks good on you. :o)
What an amazing journey God lead for you! I'm in awe of his work! Congrats to you and enjoy your little girl!
I am just beyond happy for you guys!! To know that you are now a forever family just gives me chills! God is so good, and He is forever faithful, giving us exactly what we need when we need it! Do you just pinch yourself every time little Faith makes a sound? I know I did for the first few weeks we had Little Bit, and then I did again when we got Chipmunk. It's an amazing feeling to finally be a mom. Hugs to you!!!
This is such a wonderful story! I love it! Faith will love it too one day! She is beautiful and she is yours.
I am not sure if you remember but we had planned on adoptiong 2 babies 1 month apart. But the bmom changed her mind. You have the daughter that God planned for you, He now will find the parents for the other baby and those parents are going to finaally have their own dream come true. Or perhaps the bmom will decide to parent.
One thing we know. God is in control. There is no mistake that Faith was not meant to be yours.
God bless and congrats again.
Faith's story brings me to tears. What an amazing time in your life. Enjoy your beautiful daughter!!
What an amazing story. It is so beautiful to read. I'm so happy for you guys. What a blessing, God is good!!
Congratulations again!
I'm so happy to hear that your journey to a Wondraful baby has finally happened!! You two will amazing parents. Congrats to your little Faith and enjoy her. She's beautiful!!
I couldn't wait to read part 3! I am so happy for you and wish your beautiful family all the best.
I have PCOS and am TTC for over 3 yrs now. My husband wants to move to adoption but I kept telling him its not as easy as you think but your story gives me hope.
Congratulations!
Yay! Part 3:) I am so happy for you...I can't say that enough!!! I know just what if feels like~!!:)
Oh my gosh- congratulations!!! I'm don't check your blog for a little bit and now you have a beautiful daughter!!!! Do you realize this happened faster than me completing my pregnancy and having a baby.....what a blessing for you!!!! I'm so happy for you!!! This is truly a gift from GOD! Faith is beauiful!!!!!!!!! Absolutely stunning!!!! I can't believe this happened in 3 weeks!!! My parents had to wait much longer! Congrats, Congrats, Congrats! This is such a beautiful story!!!! You did it, you kept your faith and you got your little Faith!!!
KUP!!!! Lots of love and hugs! Kitty
I'm beyond happy for you!!!!!!! This is amanzin, what a blessing. I didn't read the previous post before today and I definitely had some happy tears for you. Congratulations mommy =)
So, so happy for you, and so glad that things worked well with the birth Mom in NY. It makes my heart happy just to think how full-to-bursting yours is right now. :)
Awww, this is such a beautiful story! She's so beautiful!!
wow what an amazing journey God had for you, his timing sounds perfect:) She is absolutely precious!
your journey is a true testimony of Gods great love... it gives me hop that our day will come that we too will be blessed and chosen by a bm
xxx
What an awesome, awesome story!! Congrats again...I am SO happy for y'all!!! :)
Wow, that is so great that you can relax now, and not have to worry about the B.M. changing her mind. I love the pics!!!!
So I was reading some of my first posts on my blog and came across a comment from you and decided to see how you were doing with everything that was going on with infertility and stuff. Imagine my surprise!!! I'm so happy for you guys and your daughter is beautiful! Congratulations!!!
I was thinking of you this week and decided to look up your blog. I check it every month or so. I got all teary when I saw that you had been given such a beautiful gift! Faith is SO lucky to have you as her family! Congratulations. She is gorgeous!
What an amazing story! I read part 1-3! :)
And don't let those anonymous trolls upset you, they are sad and I really feel sorry for them. I don't allow anonymous comments which helps a lot because they don't comment as often. Some still do.
Post a Comment