Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thanksgiving Day

How could Thanksgiving not be wonderful and perfect?

I mean an amazing husband, a daughter, a son, a wonderful familiy to spend it all with and so so so much to be thankful for it was guarenteed to be a wonderful day of thanks and it did not disappoint!

We spent the day at my Aunt's house and even though I was a little worried with lunch being scheduled close to nap time Winni did great! She enjoyed a new little book from her Aunt ( which became the joke of the day as we kept re-wrapping it and she was excited to open a new gift every time...by the fourth time though she just tossed the book aside :)




We took lots and lots of pictures ( as usual )








and even got a pretty good family shot


It was seriously such an amazing feeling seeing Tyson wearing the same onesie that Winni wore on her first  Thanksgiving. Its moments like that you just stop in awe at the wonder of our Lord. How I saved that onesie praying one day Winni would have a sibling yet never knowing if I was holding onto it for nothing. And 2 years later I have a son wearing the exact same size around the exact same time....God you are amazing!


We enjoyed a wonderful meal with all the traditional foods and Tyson even slept through the whole turkey dinner so we were able to eat with both our hands :) And yes my husband was purposely stuffing his face during this picture


After eating and stuffing our bellies we just got to enjoy some time with family. It was a really beautiful sight honestly. My kids just fulfill my world and going from a family that a little over 2 years ago had no kids in it ( immediate family that is) to having 2 little ones , one running around like a crazy person dancing with Grandma ...


and the other sleeping in his aunts arms was really beautiful.


I just kept comparing so many pictures and memories in my mind from Winni's first Thanksgiving and feeling so blessed to expirience them again.

Gotta say " This is the day the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it" but sometimes makes me wonder what I'll be seeing 2 years from now :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a cute family shot! Looks like a wonderful Thanksgiving with all your family

All in His Perfect Timing said...

So glad you had such a wonderful Thanksgiving! Your kids make me smile. :) SO happy for you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin